Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

TTi tools

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I have more luck finding good used tools at the local markets. They look more real with a bit of dirt and a few scratches on them :)

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Their pricing has always seemed quite high, so I’ve only been there a few times when there’s been a sale on something I want.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Agree with EYY always wait for specials.

shueardm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Agree with EYY always wait for specials.
Total Tools do not know the meaning of a "special ". They seem to pick some obscure product that nobody wants and make a big fuss about it being 30% off for one day only. I've never seen their hand tools on special ever

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ive picked up a few things on special usually a power tool they do a bulk purchase on. I also picked up a set of Bahco ratchet spanners on special. This was close to 10 years ago and things might have changed. But like I mentioned i have purchased consumables on special when buying lots of 10. But if you compare TTI prices to the average Tas price then everything is on special at TTI...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Years ago they had trade member prices but last time I went there which was nearly two years ago they told me that deal had finished and now everyone gets trade????

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
On the most part i prefer Adelaide Tools as i still get trade there. Just TTI has a few options that AT doesn't have.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Total Tools do not know the meaning of a "special ". They seem to pick some obscure product that nobody wants and make a big fuss about it being 30% off for one day only. I've never seen their hand tools on special ever
I got my sidchrome spanner set for $230 which was down from $350 probably 4 years ago. That was the last time I purchased anything from there. We got a tig welder about 6 months ago - went to total tools to try and buy packs of tungsten tips and filler rod, but prices were through the roof. Ended up buying it all from Bunnings instead.

As for the quality of tools, I'd say you'd need to be incredibly aggressive to be going through tools on a regular basis unless you buy the home brand tools from kmart or supercheap. Even the Toolpro stuff from Supercheap's very affordable and I haven't broken any of those spanners yet.

Actually, I quite like buying the cheaper stuff as I'm not as reluctant to give them a hard time (i.e. hitting spanners with a hammer, using bars for more leverage etc). I generally keep my expensive gear at home and leave the cheap stuff in the car for when I go to self serve wreckers.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've never seen their hand tools on special ever

I don't reckon they would ever sell individual spanners at a discounted price. But the couple of times I have bought spanners from them they have been in sets. I don't mind having a few cheap tools in the roller but over the years I have replaced them with quality gear when they break. I really like Teng but AFAIK TTI don't sell Teng. Because I have pretty much all the tools I need I tend to stay away from the cheaper gear now as I rarely spend much more than 80 bucks, in one go when buying tools. I tend to buy Teng because it's available at a few places here in Tas. With lifetime warranty, on the rare occasion I need to replace to a torx socket I have just gone in to a retailer and swapped it. I have 3 or 4 Tool Pro long sockets and they seem ok. But I only bought them because SCA had them on clearance at a really discounted price and I was a few long sockets short as I have tended to buy the imperial ones just on clearance at Repco instead of getting a set like I did with the metric ones. I'm often in auto stores like Repco looking for clearance lines of the proper Repco branded gear to pick up the odd spanner to replace a cheapie branded one.