Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tumammin's project, where can i find limited-slip differential

Tumammin

Tumammin
Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 Chevy Lumina SS
Hi, I have a Chevy Lumina SS or a Holden Commodore SS whatever you wanna call it... I bought my car about 2 years ago, and now I’m thinking about this new light weight project for my car...
Full exhaust system-X Force- intake, throttle and manifold porting, maybe a 75shot of nos and limited-slip differential and I need a good aftermarket clutch that WILL last.
I have been looking everywhere for limited slip for my car and I just can’t find one! Will the one from the CR8 do the job?

Last edited:

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
apparently the diff centre in the ve is a pretty good thing, better than any factory diff before it. if its not spinning one wheel yet i wouldn't be in a great rush to upgrade it.
but if you do need an upgrade a mob over here called Harrop Engineering has a true-trac centre for A$1640, they are just about bulletproof. Harrop send bits all over the world so they can get a centre to you no worries.
it would be a good idea to throw in a bigger cam at the same time as the rest of the mods, it will make a big difference

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
All the SS's here in Australia come from the factory with a LSD, I'm suprised your's didn't? but yes an LSD from another VE V8 should fit

Tumammin

Tumammin
Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 Chevy Lumina SS
No ALL the SS’s here in Saudi have the one wheel crappy diff... so how will I find another SS with LSD?

Tumammin

Tumammin
Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 Chevy Lumina SS
i just wanna play around with the little things i don't wanna get into Cam and Heads yet... too much headache and expenses lol

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
There is a crew from Victoria, Australia selling brand new HSV 3.7:1 LSD diff centres for around AUD1500.00 on Ebay. They fit perfectly and will make your car feel faster off the line.

sami79

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss
all SS,s 07+ in Saudi have lsd but a one way lsd Where when too much lode, torque or lift of throttle it will give you some bad one wheel action:-(