Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tune/Diff ratio, help

lukeyVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Executive 2
Hi was wondering if anyone could give a fellow muppet some advice, im not the clue'iest person with automobiles, i constantly read/hear about people getting a "$100 tune". From what i understand all this does is change ignition/fuel inejction timing or something? what i dont get is where or how this is done, through the ECU i guess.

Can you just go to a mechanic and get it done or do you have to buy it off ebay?

Also i havent the slightest clue about what kind of diff ratio mine is supposed to be, and does it depend on the type of car, motor, transmission?

I have a VY exec II v6 auto, if that helps.

Sorry about the bombardment of questions, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

nick_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6
Hate to break it to ya mate, but theres no such thing as a $100 tune.. Best to talk with Doctor Bob about a decent tune for your VY.. That's what I was looking at for my VY2, but now I've decided to go down a different path..

As for your diff ratio, it should be 3.08:1 for both auto and manual..

Cheers,

-Nick.

lukeyVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Executive 2
Ok then, my bad, not sure how i was led to that lol. I was quoted $1600 the other day to get it dyno tuned, luckily i was already sitting down. :bang:

Anyway thanks Nick.

nick_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6
PM sent mate. :)