Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tune only my ve calais v8

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
sounds like you got it sorted then. Hope it works out well then.

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Just had the first part of my tune done, he loaded a tune, along with gearbox tune.

All i can say is wow, like a whole new car - Very good work Steve.

I have done some logging for him and he said he is going to tweak it some more.

Will keep everyone up to date.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Just had the first part of my tune done, he loaded a tune, along with gearbox tune.

All i can say is wow, like a whole new car - Very good work Steve.

I have done some logging for him and he said he is going to tweak it some more.

Will keep everyone up to date.

Steves work is awesome. You'll be a happy man.:yeah:

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Ok, all done now.

Major difference between a mail order and this custom tune is that after some logging of driving data by me he shipped me another file i downloaded.

On top of the first downloaded tune (was the mail order tune), he massively improved my shift quality after logging my driving info and also extracted a bit of extra performance compared to first loading.

I am absolutely stoked. Best $850 i ever spent. Would strongly recommend anyone getting it done, worth the extra money over a mail order, power is greatly improved, and its like someone dropped a new gearbox into the car, no more dodgy shifting

All smiles :)

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Wow, sounds impressive. I'm going to look into this.

What's the gizmo he ships down that talks to your car's computer? Tell us a bit more about how it all works. :thumbsup:

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
First you download some software to your computer, its called efi live.

Then he sends down a little hand held device a bit bigger than a blackberry. Its called a v2 efi live box. You connect via USB cable to your computer (Broadband connection a must). You then use another cable to connect to your cars computer - There is a connection just below where your bonnet popper is.

You then go to a website and give him permission to take over your computer. He takes over and then starts transferring his tune from his computer to yours. Once hes done this he downloads it through the efi live box and it updates your cars computer. He then repeats for the gearbox tune.

Once he is done, you then leave it connected, and go for a half hour drive and use some more software to log information about response and all that mapping stuff when on wide open throttle and part throttle.

You e-mail him this logging info and then he will e-mail you back any adjustments he deems necessary. You update. do a little more logging and when he is happy with the tune you are all done. You ship him back the v2 box with cables.

I don't know if it was me, but it seemed to take a little driving before the tune seemed to fully take hold, could just be me, but it just kept getting better and better to drive and i couldn't stop smiling.

Was really happy with steves service, he answered all my stupid questions without treating me like an idiot.

Hope this helps.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7