Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tuned ecu unlock?

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
hi does anyone know where i can get my tuned ecu unlocked. As i need to tune the car again at a different shop however the previous shop has locked the tuned ecu.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
either that or not sure if holden can flash fresh over it so it all goes back to stock then u have to start again with new tune

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
I’ll try and email them but it says they have discontinued the product.
either that or not sure if holden can flash fresh over it so it all goes back to stock then u have to start again with new tune
upon contacting them they offer a service now where they can unlock it and flash it back to factory however you need to ship the ecu to them.

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
hi does anyone know where i can get my tuned ecu unlocked. As i need to tune the car again at a different shop however the previous shop has locked the tuned ecu.
Is there a reason you cant go back to the first guy to fix the issue or have him unlock it?

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Is there a reason you cant go back to the first guy to fix the issue or have him unlock it?
The shop has quoted me a period of two months waiting time as they are overbooked with orders. Therefore they are unable to send me the tool used to flash the factory tune back on. Being a daily driver I can’t wait that long as I use my car everyday. So this option whilst not the cheapest is definitely the quickest.

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
The shop has quoted me a period of two months waiting time as they are overbooked with orders. Therefore they are unable to send me the tool used to flash the factory tune back on. Being a daily driver I can’t wait that long as I use my car everyday. So this option whilst not the cheapest is definitely the quickest.
As far as fixing up the tune the shop has just said that I should unplug the battery for 15mins. Or pay to get another tune which id rather do locally now.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
battery will do nothing if its locked so if its properly locked only way is for them to tell u the code so next tuner (if using same software) can unlock it and keep going with new changes, tunes do not change once power is removed, if u have to pay to get another tune then u still have to get it unlocked there is no easy way around a locked tune without paying something

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
battery will do nothing if its locked so if its properly locked only way is for them to tell u the code so next tuner (if using same software) can unlock it and keep going with new changes, tunes do not change once power is removed, if u have to pay to get another tune then u still have to get it unlocked there is no easy way around a locked tune without paying something
Yeah I’ve figured hence why I’m sending it out to envyous customs to unlock my ecu and flash to factory settings.