Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tunerpro .adx file for VR V6

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
I've been trying to use tunerpro to log data from my car but i just found out that i need the appropriate .adx file to get it to work.

My ride is a 93' VR V6 auto trans. If someone could post or pm me the right .adx file that'd be a great help.

CRCinAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 EQUIPE
You know what? I've been cracking the shits at Tuner Pro for the last 4 hours trying to figure out how the hell it all works. I also have a VR v6 auto, but mine is a 95 series 2. I've found various BIN, dfx and adx files with various weird ass names, but I can't quite get the penny to drop on how it all works.

I can't quite figure out how to get the data out of the ECU. If I fire up EFILive v4, then it all just works - so I'm guessing its something to do with configuration?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&

CRCinAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 EQUIPE
I have this file, and I've loaded it (as well as trying many others) and when I hit the button to start getting data, the status down the bottom goes "Connecting..." then "Connected" but I don't see any data coming or going. It seems everything is at its set defaults and nothing seems to change.

Is there another step I'm missing?

EDIT: Oh, the cable is a home made one with a Max232 and a few caps. It takes power from the +12v pin on the ALDL plug to run the max232 via a 5v regulator, also hooks up to pin 5 for ground, and then the bus pin.

EDIT2: If I go into Tools -> Preferences -> Data Acq / Emulation, I have the Data Acquisition set to "Use plugin", then "TunerPro Data Acquisition I/O interface". I have this set to COM1 which is the hardware COM port on the back of my laptop. If I hit the "Test for valid interface using settings", it comes back and says all is ok.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
goto edit definition and then on the first page that opens click on RS232 echo and save then try connect also in preferences theres a few settings for data aqu cable type if you cant select tunerpro IO interface you may need to install the plugin off delcohacking but see if it works with that rs232 ticked

CRCinAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 EQUIPE
Ok, I'll have a play with that... Where abouts are the options to select cable type? I haven't found any of these as yet...

Which plugin are you talking about? I did come across a OSE Plugin (I don't have the exact filename at the moment), but I couldn't seem to get anything out of that either :(

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the plugin shouldnt be needed its more for realtime tuning via the aldl socket.cable selection is in preferences under acusition

CRCinAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 EQUIPE
This is all I see under there:
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Under this I only get the "Standard Serial" and "Shared with Emulator"

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
should be good

CRCinAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 EQUIPE
Ok thanks, I'll give it another go in the morning and see what I can get going (or not! ;))