Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tunerpro and VR commdore 3.8 V6?

iroczinoz

Reaction score
Tunerpro and VR commodore 3.8 V6?

Okay been doing some research on this just need to double check with you guys.

1994 used the 16176424 ECM for the auto cars.

I found the $11 ECU on moates fileman website (although it has some issue with the checksum.

I have also found a PROM BIN BMZA1754 41 Not sure if this is the one to use. But I don't really need it I would like to leave the car untouched for now I would rather firstly like to do some data logs.

The only thing I am missing is the ADS file for tunerpro to hook up to the laptop. Does anyone have this Data Stream file or know where I can download it from?

If anyone can help out that would be awesome!

Last edited:

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Do a search for memcals and greenfoam, you will find that he has a VR file on here somewhere with the bin and xdf file.

iroczinoz

Reaction score
I have searched and I cant seem to find anything:cry: Hopefully greenfoam sees the post and might help out.

Knowing my luck the ADS will be for a manual VR which uses a different PCM.

Keep my fingers crossed.

By the way I have the XDF and BIN. I don't really need them i need the ADS to be able to datalog with tunerpro. I can copy my original EPROM if I want. But at the moment I just need to be able to datalog this 1994 VR 3.8L auto V6

Last edited:

georgesg

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore VR auto V6
Thanks guys, but I had no luck getting a connection. I tried EFI live and it did not show any values. Kept on getting ECM override messages. I am also not very familiar with that program as I use TunerPro.

Might have to ask what people are using for this car as dattalogging.

mal62

VR Going Wild
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5 Speed Wagon & VS Auto Wagon & 98 VS Statesman
Hi Guys
I don't know if you can help me but i am chasing the wiring diagrahms for a VR V6 Auto ecu ( wiring plugs) both on the input & output side,,,, any help would be appreciated

Cheers
Mal