Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tuning by The1

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
Howdy,

Had some tuning done by The1 of these forums and i have to say it's a been a great experience and he does a thorough job. I'm just looking to see who else has had there tuning done by the The1 on here and what they thought of his services. Like why did you choose him over say a dyno or DIY?
I know i myself was recommended him by another user on here because 1, he would be able to do my tune from anywhere using logging software and all it took me was getting a few things to do it and 2, he's good at it.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
The1 over dyno cause cheaper
The1 over DIY cause ####ed if I know how to do it.
His excellent at his work and great customer relations.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
ive been into it for many years like alot of others, i started programming because the delco did not do what i wanted it to do(see sig enhanced mod), like many others i did not want an aftermarket system and many years later it's starting to come through. Not without the help of others though, with the use of the new code and larger MAF the factory system is still good to go for high power engines. If people can't do the tuning themselves i can do it for them provided the gear is there to do it and will be charged at a fair rate. I prefer to do it properly instead of generic mail order. At minimum some data logging.

Dyno tuning Vs Road tuning is always a big debate i prefer to do it in the real world but static is obviously better for realtime and being able to test various scenarios, both have there goods and bads, were all here for the same reason though to extract as much power/torque out of our cars as possible.

All Comments good and bad can only improve.

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
Road tuning for road driving just makes sence to me. Not saying that dyno's are bad or anything(or im an expert for that matter). For some applications they're most likely the best but im just another joe blow who wanted a performance ride for a daily and your tunings have been great. Unlike my wiring :)

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
I originally got a tune off The1 due to being way cheaper than a dyno tune, was having issues with my LPG vapour injection that nobody wanted/knew how to fix.
All started after I rebuilt my engine, Nigel got the car running great and since I have done a full rebuild on my auto the tunes have just made the car go even better

I have been one of the beta testers for the extended coding that he has now done and I did not think that the car could get better but with the last tune it is running fantastic

For me being able to just go for a drive to log the car and then email it off to Nigel for changes to be made suites me as I can burn the new tune off myself and go and test it again straight away.

But to get the most out of a tune by Nigel it is well worth the money to get a wideband O2 and wire it into one of the spare inputs to the ecu, this allows him to see very accurately what the mixtures are doing and adjust the tune to this

Would recommend him to anyone that wants a great tune at a reasonable price

Chris

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I recommend The1, Got a tune in my car . Goes so much better then the stock tune

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
What models can you tune?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
VS-VY V6's, VS/VT V8 5.0L those are what i do most as i program for those, but can do earlier models. Anything later on is completely different so havn't done anything on those.