Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tuning help [greenfoam/delcowizzid]

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Ok, so I finally got my EPROM programmer yesterday :dance:, along with a few sockets and IC's. I programmed my first tune today which worked first go surprisingly, I believe it was an old greenfoam modified hsv 3800 tune I found lurking in the forum. Definitely felt a bit quicker especially off the line :)

Greenfoam & Delcowizzid - I was wondering if you could be so kind as to send me a tune to try out? no doubt they would be better than the tune I'm using at the moment.

Now for front bar CAI, Greenfoam, do you have any pictures of the hole in the guard and pipe you ran to the front bar? Also what fuel do you recommend using? would I benefit from premium at all?

To everyone else - I cant emphasise enough how cheap and easy this is to do yourself!! There is a wealth of information about tuning your own car, it cost me $40 bucks for programmer and $15 for a few EPROM's and sockets, Definitely money well spent.

Cheers

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
You are best of starting from scratch (the original tune) or the HSV 3800 and changing it from there, you will learn more much faster, I would also suggest using a gtech to see if you have gained or not, it's more or less impossible to tell if you have gained or gone backwards on the V6 without one

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
You are best of starting from scratch (the original tune) or the HSV 3800 and changing it from there, you will learn more much faster, I would also suggest using a gtech to see if you have gained or not, it's more or less impossible to tell if you have gained or gone backwards on the V6 without one

I have been meaning to buy a Gtech, wheres the best place to buy them? I don't want to spend heaps on it. I have also got the $12 definition, is it better to use that?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
If you are using a number $12 VR program you have no option, which one are you using now?:), gtechs are on ebay

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
If you are using a number $12 VR program you have no option, which one are you using now?:), gtechs are on ebay

Yeah i got a few bins here, mostly $5D but the one i programmed was $12 that i stumbled across in an old thread that looked pretty good, was one of yours.

Is this gtech ok G Tech pro performance meter - eBay Other Gauges, Meters, Gauges, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 07-Jun-09 20:06:16 AEST)

Ill wait till I buy one till I start playing with tunes :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah that will do, bit pricey :) if you are rich you may as well get the new good gtech, that gives you a complete power curve and such, it's a very good thing

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
you want the Gtech pro RR so you cna upload to the PC gives a lot more data to play with.