Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tuning In Brisbane

PNR51

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon MY12
Has anyone had any dealings with Next Up Performance here is Brisbane? They do VCM suite dyno tuning. I am looking at getting a tune for my VE series 2 SS wagon with standard manifold/cats, 2.5" KPM catback, VCM OTR CAI with Maf. This is all I plan on doing as it is my daily drive. Have also contemplated Oztracktuning and getting a remote tune as it seems that they are now hooked up with Walkinshaw and shouldnt cause any warranty disputes as the car is only 5000klm old. Any advice would be great.

VY Rossi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS 5.7L M6
Powertorque Engines in Brendale are good they did my old VY SS and they are also a walkinshaw dealer or there's hi torque on the gold coast both are highly recommended

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
The only way Walkinshaw will agree to supporting your warranty is if you do their power pack with all their gear.
i.e. because you have a VCM OTR and KPM Exhaust they won't cover you. I looked into getting Walkinshaw to do some work for me but wanted to swap out their CAI for a VCM and they wouldn't cover anything.

I'll be going into Power Torque for a retune next year, heard good things about them.

btw how does the KPM exhaust sound?
I just bought a 3" for my clubby but haven't got it on yet.

Kuz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V Sportswagon Redline
I also recommend Power Torque Engines - they did all the engine work and tuning on my MY12 SSV Sportwagon and all servicing; could not be happier with their work.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
Powertorque are great as are Hi-Torque. There are others making good names for themselves also now like Western Suburbs Mechanical, Fat333, Elite and V8 Supercar driver, Jonno Webb's Tekno Performance.

Elite are also a good KPM authorised dealer and had great results in the recent Motor magazine Hot Tunder shootout.

I have had work done at PT and HT and recommend highly. I also have some products from Tekno. I have also used Fat333. In the SS, I started with PT but moved on to HT with my cam install. They then looked after my car for all things. Then just before selling, I actually used Fat333 on word of mouth for install of my brakes and shifter. Scott did a great job.

In the new car, I have used PT for walkinshaw items and Tekno for a couple of things. Just make sure you use a workshop you are comfortable with and have a good understanding of exactly what you want and you have a good understanding of what you are getting for your money. I would recommend any of the workshops Ive used.

PNR51

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon MY12
Thanks for the replies. VCM themselves also recommended Powertorque so it looks like I might head that way. Have also been considering a remote tune from Oztrack. I have read good and some bad reviews of these guys on this forum. I have kind of figured that it wont be the "ultimate" tune but I also dont want it tuned to within an inch of its life anyway. I like the idea of being able to rip off the OTR and flash the standard tune back into it if I have any major warranty issues with engine/driveline.

Maccas90 the KPM is great. Before this wagon I had a ve SSV sedan with a perry 2.5" system (walkinshaw) which was awesome value for money but I did have some warranty issues with the mufflers, and they also knew that I was about to buy a new car and was also purchasing another system and they wouldnt replace faulty mufflers within 3 years, so this steered me away from Perry. The KPM sounds similar and does not drone at all (as they tend to do in the wagon). They look a lot better than the Perry/Walkinshaw exhaust as well. If you are after a system that is guaranteed not to drone, easy to bolt up, and looks great then cant go wrong with KPM (but you will pay for the previledge).

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Mate even if you go oztrack (whom did my car and I'm happy with it), you can't just flash the standard tune back in. The dealership will know that it's been changed.. They ain't stupid.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Hi all sorry to dig but just wondering if Powertorque Engines, Hi-torque are still some of the best in Brisbane/ Gold Coast area?
I’m looking into a vcm air intake, cam and tune.

It’s not going to be till about February due to me going away soon so just doing some research at the moment.

I’m leaning towards Hi-torque at the moment just because there’s A guy I work with who had 1000hp Maloo Built there.

Happydaze

Happydaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE T30
Do power torque lock their tunes?

Keep an eye on hi torque performances FB page, the have Cam/OTR & Tune packs for $3300 every now & then.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I've only spoken to all of the Bris big hitters about a top end rebuild. No work done, but East Coast Customs, by far has the best (pre work) customer service, from the 2 different guys there I was talking to at different times. Polite, patient, didn't miss any questions in the emails and actually seemed like they want my work. The other 3 places, either didnt respond at all to emails, needed further emails from me to get them to respond to the first and the 3rd place wouldn't "release the quote" unless I rang! I'm sure these places do excellent work, but customer service usually wins me over if they already have a good reputation. It's ECC's for me.