Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tuning??

VtCommodore675SIK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 vt commodore
Recently i have swapped an engine over from a vy commodore into my vt commodore i had to change all the wiring and stuff, but its all good. it runs good, but it feels like the car has less power.. ive been told that it might need to be put onto a dyno for a tuning.. has anyone else got any ideas to what this problem could be. it doesnt have much acceleration compared to what it used to!

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
V6 i take it? Same engine, just a straight swap shouldn't have had to swap looms and computer.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Recently i have swapped an engine over from a vy commodore into my vt commodore i had to change all the wiring and stuff, but its all good. it runs good, but it feels like the car has less power.. ive been told that it might need to be put onto a dyno for a tuning.. has anyone else got any ideas to what this problem could be. it doesnt have much acceleration compared to what it used to!

As the1 said above, if its a V6 there was absolutely no need to swap any wiring or computers etc, so whoever told you that cost you a heap of time and expense etc, so go slap them. All ecotecs are pretty much a straight swapover. I fitted a VS ecotec to a VY wagon a while back and I didnt even need to swap or modify any wiring or computer etc, as its the exact same engine. The only thing that needed swapping was the inlet and exhuast manifolds, as VS ecotec didnt have EGR.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
there was a lot of changes through the series of ecotec rod length and weight balance shaft etc it could quiet possibly just need tuning.i only know this cause i got a later model ecotec engine to replace a broken piston in a vs ecotec parts were not compatible at all

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
there was a lot of changes through the series of ecotec rod length and weight balance shaft etc it could quiet possibly just need tuning.i only know this cause i got a later model ecotec engine to replace a broken piston in a vs ecotec parts were not compatible at all

Yeah, I though theyre all the same except for EGR for VT and later.. The manuals from VS and VT to VY ecotec that I have show the same specs for crank, pistons, conrods etc .. The reco engine I have in my VS is from a VX originally according the the holden dealer when I gave him my engine number once. It was bought through redlands engines, it runs perfect in the VS with a VS tune. The VS engine I have in the VY runs perfectly with the standard VY tune too, all the engine data looks the same as any other VSV6 and VYV6 Ive looked at, hmmm weird, if something wasnt rigtht with the engine-tune match, it should show up in the engine data.. The bottom end rebuild kits for ecotec Ive looked at before fitted VS to VX V6, I didnt see VYV6 mentioned on there.

Last edited: