Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

turbo 202

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
the laws and cops in SA are a lot less draconian than you guys, so you can get away with a lot more

i.e. we dont have roadworthy's

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
haloeight said:
the laws and cops in SA are a lot less draconian than you guys, so you can get away with a lot more

You guys dont have roadworthys? thats unreal :thumbsup: It's like that in queensland but you have to be out WEST!

tigervh

SS.....smokin....!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Tiger Mica EFI VH, VZ SS, XC Barina SRI
haloeight said:

Living in NSW, I've had some very border line cars when it comes to legality of modifications. I've never had any trouble with the cops. So long as you stay away from the known hoon hot spots, don't drive like a F*#KW!T and don't fit ridiculous wheel sizes or obscene body kits, they won't bother you. We have an apprentice who has a basically stock Mirage except for a set of wanky wheels and a spoiler. His defect count so far this year is seven. The road worthy check in NSW is a safety check, not a design check most mechanics couldn't give a rats arse about what modifications you've done to the car, so long as there's tread on the tyres,the lights work and there isn't rust hanging out of the thing.

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
big_c_43 said:
Yeah i would chuck on a supercharger rather than a turbo for a couple of reasons, more power and cheaper unless u plan to custom make a lot of parts.
umm, really there isnt anymore power from a blower rather than a turbo, it just depends on the boost your running...