Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

turbo 202

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
does anyone know of a company that does turbo kits for 202's?
im looking into turboing my 202, it would be something pretty different.
if anyone knows a place doing turbo kits and rough price that would be sweet cheers

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
you would almost be better off putting a V6 in it, more reliable and probably cheaper

bigg_vin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH V8
supercharger kits are much easier to fit and more readily available.
i was going to install a turbo, but it was just too much messing around with oil lines and exhaust brackets, specialy on the straight six where exhaust and intake is on the same side...

if i think back, i was going to custom make all the pipes and brackets cos it would work out cheaper.

the supercharger is a good option cos it sits on the other side of the engine to the manifolds, and there fore there is heaps more space. when i was pricing up the difference, i think the supercharger kits came out cheaper, and that was $2100. Castlemain rod shop do supercharger kits for these engines.

hope this helps

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
if u want a turbo y didnt u buy an import. trying to turbo an aussie car or a na car is way to hard and to much messing around like vin said if you want more power supercharger there a hell of alot cheaper and its instant power you dont have to wait for the turbo to spool up and y would you want to go nuts on your frist car learn how to drive it before you make it have mad hp

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Cops will jst take it off him next year anyway, doesnt matter.

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
the only one i've seen was a home made one and he wanted about $1500 for turbo and manifold...looked pretty rough though, and the carby was next to the battery!

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Looks good, ive seen a setup on ebay before a few months back.

I just did some research with web surfing and i may have found a site that can help out a few ppl who arre intrested in a turbo http://www.fullboost.com.au/index.php

B

big_c_43

Yeah i would chuck on a supercharger rather than a turbo for a couple of reasons, more power and cheaper unless u plan to custom make a lot of parts.