Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo 700 performance rebuild

kurtis1791

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
Hi guys
Am looking at sprucing up the trans in my vn v8.
What bits should I be upgrading?
Im going to run a stage 2 shift kit and 2500 stally should I look at fitting a corvette servo and heavy duty bits aswell or will a normal rebuild kit do the job?
Cheers

bigstu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss,vn calais 355
Hi guys
Am looking at sprucing up the trans in my vn v8.
What bits should I be upgrading?
Im going to run a stage 2 shift kit and 2500 stally should I look at fitting a corvette servo and heavy duty bits aswell or will a normal rebuild kit do the job?
Cheers
hey mate I recomend getting everything done that you can afford to do if your gunna keep the car for a while,When I got my th700 built up I went the full heavy duty box 3500 stall and twin pwr coolers I already had the stally and the cost came up to around the $3500 so at the end of the day you gotta weigh up how long your gunna keep the car because its a lot of money to spend on a car that you might end up getting rid of in 12 months.I have no plans of parting with my vn so I reckon it was money well spent.

codwalop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HDT/APV, VP V6 Turbo
this from a previous thread:

'Transgo stage 2 shift & corvette servo fitted, a larger TV Boost Valve +3-4, Forward clutch spring kit & the Transgo High Rev Pump Kit'

apparently these parts cost around $400, and are well worth doing if you're trying to keep the budget as low as possible, otherwise you'll be looking at a 3-3.5k build for serious use, and a 4.2k build which is as good as it gets - spend some money on a decent trans cooler & this will give you some longevity too