Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo Buick vs 5L

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
For the same amount of coin & car already a v6 model... turbo buick will be quicker.

Downside of it all majority of people won't pay it any attention to your v6 if nice sounding v8 is nearby nor will they care if v8 is slower as long as it sounds cool as fark.

Was tempted to do something with vp v6 ute BUT knew no matter how much spent or how fast will still want nice v8 like all my other cars,,,,,'cos I'm bogan at heart haha

That can be a win, no one looked twice, including the popo at my VS. The club guys did after our first drags day though and the word spread like Emo, dead cow fart legend

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Can be a win for some but most it ends up being major regret spending all that coin then realise years later you prefer boganic v8 just for the sound.

I had bushpig wild triple webbered 202 in gtr as a kid...sounded awsome & quicker than efi 304 that replaced it & now all the cars are v8 powered lol

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
I had bushpig wild triple webbered 202 in gtr as a kid...sounded awsome & quicker than efi 304 that replaced it & now all the cars are v8 powered lol
was the hot 6 quicker than the 304 from 70 ks to 160 k's as in passing power on the open road

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yep that 202 smashed the living fark out of the 304 setup(avatar) in every situation except reliability...broke everything from flywheel to diff housing but damn it was fun learning experience.Did miss sound of triple webbers opening up & crazy lump at idle.

Was lucky that it had all best parts in it...only reason I could afford it as young bloke was nobody wanted or built them anymore...everybody else was getting it 308's & chevs.

That said it was one of quickest 6cyl street cars in at the time yet even I knew then the car would end up with a v8 when it finally broke...7yrs later 304/getrag/3.9 lsd b/w.

It was still quick but nowhere near the animal it used be but more of cruiser that could skid with v8 rumble.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Stock 304 is about 140kw
Stock 304 was 165kw and 380nm -good for 7.5secs in VN-VP, which was/is plenty quick for those old girls.

Plus they sound great with a bit of an exhaust and are simple and reliable. I wouldn't ever opt for a turbo V6 over one. But that's just me.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Stock 304 was 165kw and 380nm -good for 7.5secs in VN-VP, which was/is plenty quick for those old girls.

Plus they sound great with a bit of an exhaust and are simple and reliable. I wouldn't ever opt for a turbo V6 over one. But that's just me.
I'm talking at the wheels, not the crank. At the wheels is where it counts.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
I'm talking at the wheels, not the crank. At the wheels is where it counts.
140kw atw is a very healthy stock 304, they're about 140-150hp at the wheels.