Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo kit prices.

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Now this has been on my mind for a while, why are turbo kits so expensive? For v6 or ...? I understand the turbo is a fair but the rest are just pipes and hoses...? Is it the fab work that we pay for... The hardest part would be the exhaust side of things, but even then am I missing something or...? Just trying to learn a bit more on one of my weak subjects.

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
It would be the labor in the fab work for a full custom and fitted turbo. Your better off buying a diy kit so the labor gods dont burn a hole in your wallet.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
theres kits on facebook by v6 turbo kit makers from 1800 upwards.it costs me around $2000 in parts to make a kit without labour costs included for all brandnew parts.none of high quality as soon as you add a garrett turbo you instantly double the price LOL then if you buy all the brandname wastegate and BOV etc it starts heading skyward fast.if you buy injectors off the shelf from a shop here it costs 6X as much as i can buy for online.

Lowy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf callais
So what are the options for a turbo upgrade? Where can we get the easiest upgrade

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Thanks for the answers guys so far the only thing stopping me from whacking a turbo on my car is finding bigger injectors, is there a number I can check or any particular type of injector?

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Talk to your tuner

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
My local tuner is a joke, he'll get you 10-20% more power than any other shop, until your engine dies from running lean. I wouldn't trust him to tune my radio. I'll be driving to Gladstone to suss out my options.