Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

turbo oil feed line and drain line

python_hunter1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr
hi guys, as anyone got pics of where they have taped in to get oil feed for the turbo and also the best spot on the sump for a return line. thanks python

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
Put a t piece on your oil pressure switch for feed line and a return line to the dipstick tube

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Heres some photos, but as said above t piece where the oil pressure switch screws into the oil pump. For the return you will need to pull the sump off, drill a hole and weld a small pipe to it. The best position i have found is the front right hand side of the sump as shown in the pics. Just remember to make the return pipe big enough. My return pipe is 19mm inside diameter and my feed line has a 2mm reducer in it.
Matt
DSCF1059.jpg

DSCF1061.jpg

DSCF1060.jpg

DSCF1063.jpg

Last edited:

python_hunter1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr
thanks mat, thats just what i needed. i just had the sump off 4 weeks ago to do a gasket. i should have moded the sump then as its a bitch off a job to do. i think i might drain the oil and do it still attached. i think i should be ok if i drill with some grease on the drill bit and a vac sucking the filings. im a trade qualified engineer/welder so will have no prob welding the fitting. it will be a long process, doing small runs and letting it cool each time so as to avoid to meach het build up and distortion. thanks again guys

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Few more pics up now. I did mine the dodgy way first aswell. Heres what i did. I used a big centre punch to mark the hole and make a bit of a dint aswell, then i got a 20mm drill bit, the pipe is 22mm o/d, i drilled untill the centre just cut through, then stopped. I then got my big centre punch (pointy end tapers back to bigger than 20mm) and smacked it into the hole, causing the sides to peel over and gives you the full diameter hole without droping shavings into the sump. Good luck and make sure you clean the area properly and weld the back first. The sump is about 3mm thick, with it bolted to the block i wouldnt be to worried about distortion.
Matt

5ltre5spdVNCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
Hey Matt vp

Im after some info off u about ya turbo vp. I have a vs and plan on turboing it, I noticed on your profile page u had a t3/t4 turbo but ditched it in favour of t70, is t70 bigger, why di u ditch the t3/t4? My last question is what tune are u running?