Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

turbo or supercharger?

turbo or super charger??

• turbo

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • super charger

Votes: 31 70.5%

• Total voters

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The extra .4 of a liter wont make much difference if you are doing to run boost, just run an extra pound or two to make up for the size :). If you want to do it legal style, buy a lpg kit, throw petrol parts away, you are now EPA immune, stick blower/turbo on, get engineer certificate for the boosting device, get it running perfect, rebuild new engine in the shed, run more boost untill old engine dies, put new engine in :). If you are going to all that trouble you may as well go full tilt and run a turbo

Insurance will be trouble unless you are over 25 and rating one, but if you are over 25 it wont be much different

S

scared_

im leaning towards to turbs at the moment, just a matter of finding a manifold. i think turbo will cost a lot more to and a lot more f...ing around as it wont just bolt on. on the other hand my old man is trying to talk me into buying an old holden, something he knows how to hot up and will enjoy wourking on with me. like a HZ or an EH or something, tripple weebers, 5 speed, would sound tuff as!! hmmm, a lot of thinking to do wich is good in a way because i havent got the money yet so thinking about it while saving i should have my mind made up good a proper! im 19 in 3 weeks, on P's with 2 points left. i'd only be getting 3rd party, im an apprentice panel beater, i dont plan on hitting any one but if it happens i'll can do everything myself and have my car still look decent without spending too much.

this is a photo of my car after a lady went sideways around a roundabout hit a pole which hit me then continued on the gas following the pole onto my car, got an ss front and respray out of it so was stoked ofter getting over someone hittin me

Attachments

• car on mine.jpg
    car on mine.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 100_1141.JPG
    100_1141.JPG
    344.7 KB · Views: 199

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
That's a classic stack :)

cohn

VN28CN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais Turbo
Go turbo, i am. my car is in the process at the moment. there are a few turbo kits on ebay for around 3-4k with the manifolds, piping, cooler and turbo.
And thats a good effort to get the car ontop of yours. lol. :D