Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo or supercharger ?

Turbo Or Supercharger

• Turbo

Votes: 49 28.0%
  • Supercharger

Votes: 126 72.0%

• Total voters

Ygoford

YGOFORD?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
common asked question.

In your opinion which is better and why ?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I'd probably say with a v8 a supercharger FTW... hp to spare to get it turning and getting constant boost from low in the rpm...

Unless you get tricky with a turbo, such as having a smaller turbo for down low and a bigger for up high... you're going to get some lag....

On that note... I did turbo... just because I think they sounds much better and I think in the end are able to make more power?

Thats my opinion anyway... v8 roar with the suction whistle... and then when you ease off the throttle... BOV and v8 burble.... *bars up*

Last edited:

brightnal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6
Really like turbos.
70% mechanical efficiency vs. 30% There's a good start. And power(and fuel slurping) when you want it, not all the time. And they sound really good on larger engines.

black as

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have 2 cars VZ sv8 6 litre and VU ute 5.7 litre
:w00t:Go supercharger heaps of power and less on fuel consumption:thumbsup:

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Supercharger. Power where you can actually use it more! And where it's better. Drags and things were you need power from a stop the supercharger is better.

A turbo is only really good at high RPMs [or higher speeds] so they generally only come into real use when your going faster than the speed limit anyway!

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
^^^ You have never been in an xr6 turbo before have you? It all depends on the car/ engine and turbo combo it has

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
turbo less drag on the engine and easier to crank the boost up higher plus can have full boost lower in the rev range and can choose when to boost and how much just with accelerator pedal control

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Turbos in the end a better more efficient invention, but a roots or whipple screw supercharger has advatages over the turbo for some kinds of competition. Centrifugal blowers combine the worst of both really, I'm not even sure why they exsist, I guess being easy to install is something