Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo swap into a VH Wagon

Ethan Bailey

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH Holden Commodore Wagon
Hey guys,

New to the forum, so g'day everyone.

I'm thinking of purchasing a VH Wagon for a run about car and selling my (don't judge) 2011 FG XR6T Ute so put some money into a house I have just purchased.

Has anyone swapped the old carby motor out for an EFI turbo? What is the best motor to use? I was thinking the old RB30... Looking for something easy to swap into and make decent power... 200-250kw+.

What else would I need to change.. diff?.. etc?

I wont have the biggest of budgets, so what would one expect for a conversion, minus bodywork?

I can do most of the work myself (thank god for youtube).

Sorry for the broad questions.

Thanks guys :)

Last-Rites

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 202 Auto NOS Rat Rod Wagon
Hey guys,

New to the forum, so g'day everyone.

I'm thinking of purchasing a VH Wagon for a run about car and selling my (don't judge) 2011 FG XR6T Ute so put some money into a house I have just purchased.

Has anyone swapped the old carby motor out for an EFI turbo? What is the best motor to use? I was thinking the old RB30... Looking for something easy to swap into and make decent power... 200-250kw+.

What else would I need to change.. diff?.. etc?

I wont have the biggest of budgets, so what would one expect for a conversion, minus bodywork?

I can do most of the work myself (thank god for youtube).

Sorry for the broad questions.

Thanks guys :)

Turbo efi has been done for YEARS as well as carbi turbo kits etc. RB30 yeh cool. Any RB 6 cyl is good. You just need to find one not molestered.

Things u will need:
Motor
Box
Wiring loom from old car
ECU from old car
Modification of crossmember maybe
Different engine mounts maybe
Shorten tailshaft or lengthen
Better diff maybe
Bigger brakes pending ur states requirements
Efi requires a surge tank so new fuel tanks and fuel system

Really I could go for days about **** people won't think about which is why I have never done it tbh.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Turbo EFI in place of a carby 6 in a VH that will eat money like no tomorrow by the time you make it a nice car. You will spend more than you get for your falcon and still wont beat a late model turbo Falcon over a standing 1/4 . You won't be using much turbo vl stuff as it must be gold plated going by the prices some people are asking for crap thats 1/2 fucked all ready. The engineer will get you for $2 or $3K thats just for his approval nothing more.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Buy a VL RB whatever car, turbo that and put a vh front on it.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
We spent under 3k v6 turbo runs 10.50s in the 1/4 If you can't weld price can skyrocket lol