Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo v6 exhaust size???????????

Blakvsexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0L VS EXECUTIVE
Mine being a daily driver i dont want to lose the low down torque so this is something i might have to have addressed in the tune, i also would like for it not to be extremely loud i dont want to be attracting the wrong type of attention.

My Turbo is a GT3582 with an internal wastegate and has a 3" v-band outlet, i intend on making a nice smooth flowing 3" stainless dump pipe and was going to send it through a 3" mandrel bent system like this one

Your opinions are welcomed

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Have alook into Bellmouth dump pipes. Can really increase the performance of the turbo.

Claudy

French Com
Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual Gen3 VT SS + V6 VT manual turbo
Mine will be 3" with a metal high flow cat and a 3"straight through muffler

Blakvsexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0L VS EXECUTIVE
Yeah Claudy, thats what i have decided.

I have picked up a 3" 200cpsi magnaflow cat off US ebay for $100 for mine as i am going to build the system myself.
I got a quote today for a 3" catback with 1 straight through muffler and was quoted $470 thats in mild steel.
I can do my dump pipe, flexi bellows, cat, and exhaust pipe all in stainless with mandrel bends, and a mild steel muffler for only $400.