Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

turbo vn ???

canb_vn06

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais turbs vr 3.8
hey guys im thinking of turboeing my vn series 1 its only got 90 000 ks on it so would the motor be able to handle it??? and also does anyone know the parts i need like manifold, turbo, etc??? and a rough cost off all this if i do it myself???

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
there is another thread on here that i recently put stuff in. Its a vp commo i think but close enough.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
90,000??? LOL that's only just run in. Where did you find that?

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
wow 90,000k's, cant even find a VT commodore with those K's.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Jesus, that's brand new. Has it still got the factory tyres on it? ^^

Motor should take 6 pounds without any hastles. (that's about 0.5 bar.) And if you're putting it all together yourself, just remember to get the chip+tune done properly before you drive it anywhere.

A turbo VN should go like stink. If you've got the money, then go for it. You're one lucky bastard.

(Then you can get a noisy BOV, a boost gauge the size of a small dinner plate, five "Nismo" decals, and show all those ricers how it's meant to be done!) :D

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
You don't need a turbo to show the ricers a thing or two...even in stock form the VN is potent enough to scare crap out of most of them.

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
canb_vn06 said:
hey guys im thinking of turboeing my vn series 1 its only got 90 000 ks on it so would the motor be able to handle it??? and also does anyone know the parts i need like manifold, turbo, etc??? and a rough cost off all this if i do it myself???

This might give you a rough idea of how much the setup would cost. These stage 3 turbo kits for vl-vs go for 4g's. If you sourced all parts yourself would only set you back around $1500-2000. Your car is a rare one at that to have a mere 90k. Look after it. It will go hard with turbs...:driving:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VN-VP-VR-STA...2QQihZ019QQcategoryZ72478QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

V

V6BEAST

well im glad I found this page,
im in the process of banging on two m10 garrett turbos to my 89 vn, it has a few home mods at the moment, if somebody could let me know why it wont let me up load pic's that would be great,
i told my machanic about what i had done to it and what distance it takes to get from 0-100klmph, he 'told' me my speedo was out coz i had 16's on(but only on the front). or the distance measured out was wrong, longa the short he came for a 'test' drive and he to had a smile on his face...

V

V6BEAST

ok, my bad there is a pic there of my home mad madness, plan to have one turbo feeding each tb...ummmmm should be fun?

hotrod32

Reaction score
Website
www.notdadzkustoms.cjb.net
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive
V6BEAST said:
ok, my bad there is a pic there of my home mad madness, plan to have one turbo feeding each tb...ummmmm should be fun?

Wouldnt mind to see more about this home made madness of yours......