Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

turbo vs V8

BLACKVZSV8

300 rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 M6
well its not second hand info I know the guy and the car and saw it run the time...

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Of course, all bets are off if you are sitting behind the wheel of an old lightweight RX2 or RX3 with a wild 13B bridgeport or peripheral port with a massive donwdraught Weber carb hanging off the top...who needs a turbo! :w00t: :driving:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Wombat said:
Of course, all bets are off if you are sitting behind the wheel of an old lightweight RX2 or RX3 with a wild 13B bridgeport or peripheral port with a massive donwdraught Weber carb hanging off the top...who needs a turbo! :w00t: :driving:

I should scan some pics of my old rx2 coupe. Ran 10.2 13b extend port T04 garrett, 55 weber. Was quite nice, but lethal.

As for the lancer crap, i knew you were talking evo's, but i thought the best anyoen pushed out of them untouched was 13.5, i could be wrng, but in all my visits to street nights in both mel and syd, i am yet to see a standard evo run sub 13's

BLACKVZSV8

300 rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 M6
Then they arent launching hard enough

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
BLACKVZSV8 said:
Then they arent launching hard enough

lmao Is that what you say about everything? Not launching hard enough?

ahaahaha

T

Turko

My brother has a lightly Modified Vl Turbo.
I love V8's to death. But honestly I havent seen a LS1 or LS2 keep up with it. On take of the V8 was straight off the line. Once we caught boost. Cya Later mate.
Between the two motors there is no real comparison.

The look on the Drivers face when a 20year/Technology old car has just munched his off the show room floor LS2? Priceless :)

Even though Turbo Cars are usually alot quicker. I would prefer to own V8 without blowing turbo's or what not every couple of months.

Toms 50th Ani

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L VT executive 50th Aniversary
Thats what I hate about Jap rice cars.. Without their precious little turbo, they're nothing more than an average family car with a 2.5L or 3L engine.

V8's have the raw power and tourque to make me want one :D

I may not know much about cars but I laugh everytime some young kid drags my commy and all you hear out of his PoS is a Pissshhhh and something rattling in his fart-pipe.

cheers

BLACKVZSV8

300 rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 M6
minux said:
lmao Is that what you say about everything? Not launching hard enough?

ahaahaha

I can only recall saying it once.

Stay off the crack.

BLACKVZSV8

300 rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 M6
Turko said:
My brother has a lightly Modified Vl Turbo.
I love V8's to death. But honestly I havent seen a LS1 or LS2 keep up with it. On take of the V8 was straight off the line. Once we caught boost. Cya Later mate.
Between the two motors there is no real comparison.

The look on the Drivers face when a 20year/Technology old car has just munched his off the show room floor LS2? Priceless :)

Even though Turbo Cars are usually alot quicker. I would prefer to own V8 without blowing turbo's or what not every couple of months.

If its only "lightly" modified then its not gonna be that quick.

Got a 1/4 mile time?

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
i've seen vl's running only 4psi blow off a LS1.