Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

turbo vs V8

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
BLACKVZSV8 said:
4cyl turbos will generally get hosed off the line by V8s because of a thing called turbo lag. Its very hard to launch a turbo car hard to get on boost quickly because of the very fine line between bogging down and lighting the tyres up and going nowhere. An exception to this rule is the 4wd turbo cars...

That reminds me one time i was at some traffic lights and watched these 2 skylines race.... they were on boost from go.... bloody quick as! And they didn't seem to loose traction at all... must of been the 4wd ones...

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
savage1987 said:
hmm. Interesting question then: if you had the money, what would you drive / what engine would you call 'something that not everyone has'?? An older muscle car would seem to fit this category, and you mentioned the Charger earlier on - or is there something else?

Just wondering . . .

I'm only 27 but i love the older cars. either an australian charger or an american dodge, trans-am, or corvette. Even an old monaro. i do like the old XC coupe. i'd definately love a rod. The big chrysler coupes and the old fords make great rods. MMMMMM :dance:

BLACKVZSV8

300 rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 M6
bangers said:
a clit car is a car that every c#nt has. Sure it has power but the laughing point is how fanatical people are over them, coming in with all their holden clothes on boasting about their mighty 5.7L. It's really quite sad when you see it so often in the industry. They are a quick motor with good power output though. each to their own i suppose. no offence to genIII owners :) i'd have one if it were given to me.

What sort of (insert derogatory term here) complains about people talking up commodores on a COMMODORE FORUM ??? What the hell else are we going to talk about?

Go to Just Chryslers you (insert another derogatory term here).

PS I do not own a single item of holden clothing.

BLACKVZSV8

300 rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 M6
bangers said:
Their is less individuality in them then VL's.

hahahahahhahahahahahahaha

BLACKVZSV8

300 rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 M6
Infus10n said:
That reminds me one time i was at some traffic lights and watched these 2 skylines race.... they were on boost from go.... bloody quick as! And they didn't seem to loose traction at all... must of been the 4wd ones...

That and skylines are 6cylinders

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
BLACKVZSV8 said:
What sort of (insert derogatory term here) complains about people talking up commodores on a COMMODORE FORUM ??? What the hell else are we going to talk about?

Go to Just Chryslers you (insert another derogatory term here).

PS I do not own a single item of holden clothing.

Don't have a cry. you all seem to forget all the other V8 models on here and end up bagging out earlier models. Nothing wrong with a 5.0L engine. GenIII are not the be all and end all. And there are other good cars out in the world other than commies. Sure its a commie site but if people here can't express their opinions of interest in other cars then thats f#*ked. You need to take your head out of the sand, have a look around and appreciate other cars too.

BLACKVZSV8

300 rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 M6
bangers said:
Don't have a cry. you all seem to forget all the other V8 models on here and end up bagging out earlier models. Nothing wrong with a 5.0L engine. GenIII are not the be all and end all. And there are other good cars out in the world other than commies. Sure its a commie site but if people here can't express their opinions of interest in other cars then thats f#*ked. You need to take your head out of the sand, have a look around and appreciate other cars too.

Whos crying? Youre the one with the inferiority complex. I dont recall anyone bagging any other holden V8. You sound like youve been chopped by so many chevs youve grown to hate them. That and youre probably in the running for hippocrite of the week with your recent post and the one Ive just quoted.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
BLACKVZSV8 said:
Whos crying? Youre the one with the inferiority complex. I dont recall anyone bagging any other holden V8. You sound like youve been chopped by so many chevs youve grown to hate them. That and youre probably in the running for hippocrite of the week with your recent post and the one Ive just quoted.

Yeah cos i'm dumb enough to race 5.7L with a N/A RB30. And inferiority complex....riiiiiiiight. you must be a phsyc student from way back huh. And when so many people on here go on and on about LS1's it leaves the impression that nothing else is up to scratch.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
bangers said:
I do like making people laugh ;) but seriously i see what i stated ALL THE TIME. The only other type that comes close is the XR8 owners, but still not as bad as LS1 owners. I know they're proud and they probably worked their ass off to buy it but if it was me i'd rather buy something that not everyone has. sure i drive a VL and there's heaps around but (I was strapped for cash at the time and) they're cheap, easy to fix, go well, plenty of potential, and good ones are getting less and less. Whereas LS1's are not so cheap, not easy to fix, go well, plenty of potential too but are bloody everywhere and most people have the same mods. Their is less individuality in them then VL's.

Not easy to fix? okkkk thennn.

Of course everyone smod's are the same, why would they differ? It's liek the main mod to a VL is to turbo it. Most people do an exhaust and tune because it is better for the engine in an LS1. However some people go further than this and turbo or s/c their car. Or like myself cam and head work etc.

I just fail to see how their is less individuality than VL's.