Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

turbo vs V8

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
well out here in the bush anyway all the VT up look the same. in the city i imagine there is more variety shown

BLACKVZSV8

300 rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 M6
bangers said:
Yeah cos i'm dumb enough to race 5.7L with a N/A RB30. And inferiority complex....riiiiiiiight. you must be a phsyc student from way back huh. And when so many people on here go on and on about LS1's it leaves the impression that nothing else is up to scratch.

Its only natural for owners to talk about their cars. If theres so many ppl on here talking them up it must mean theres losts of ls1 owners here. If people cant talk up their ls1 powered rides on a commodore forum where are they supposed to do it?

ProMaX

Make way!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
04 VZ SS Impulse Blue Ute
bangers said:
I'm only 27 but i love the older cars. either an australian charger or an american dodge, trans-am, or corvette. Even an old monaro. i do like the old XC coupe. i'd definately love a rod. The big chrysler coupes and the old fords make great rods. MMMMMM :dance:

I'm with you on that one, i love older cars but they'd cost me an arm n a leg :cry:

whats the quickest stock V8 commodore?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
ProMaX said:
I'm with you on that one, i love older cars but they'd cost me an arm n a leg :cry:

whats the quickest stock V8 commodore?
Not counting HSV?

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Last edited:

ProMaX

Make way!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
hmmm... include HSV but also say the quickest non HSV commodore, just wondering what i'm aiming to save up for.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
ProMaX said:

Not really. shop around. parts aren't that expensive either depending on make of car and engine type and size. a bloke out my way bought about 10 old cars, from an old lady who's husband died, for about $10k - $20k and one of the cars was worth $100k. turned out there was an XY Phase 3 in there on blocks. Plus 5 other top notch ones and a few others.

ProMaX

Make way!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
where abouts do u live?
there aren't many people(especially old ladies) who own cars that don't know what to do with them out here in Sydney, so it's harder for me

BLACKVZSV8

300 rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 M6
Each new model is quicker than the last so the latest Holden HSV Id say

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
ProMaX said:
where abouts do u live?
there aren't many people(especially old ladies) who own cars that don't know what to do with them out here in Sydney, so it's harder for me

i live in central NSW. there are heaps of old farmers out here with barns full of old cars.