Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turismo SV6

HannibalK1ng

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
hey mate just wondering what ur exhaust systems consists of.... its a duel 2.25 and whats it go into?

happy with the diffrence of the extractors performace/sounds?

and got a vid yet?

thanks

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
The exhaust is Pacemakers into standard cats, into twin 2.25 then into twin 2.5 tips.

Too be honest I'm hating the new sound, it sounds awesome up to 3000rpm, then it turns into a high pitched whiny tone, not very tough at all. I'm looking into changing the pipes from the cats.. but not sure what to do. Might even try a single 2.5...

GF's got the car today, but I'll try and get a vid if she finishes early...

HannibalK1ng

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
oh thats not good.

well i got my extractors todays and getting them installed on sat and getting an exhaust done at the same time. i was thinking of getting duel 2.25 into single 3inch think i should go for a setup like that or go for a single 2.5?

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
Also there is a noticeable increase in power, throttle is a lot more responsive.

I'll upload an audio clip from last night, it actually sounds alright, but in real life it's a lot more tinny.

I'm not sure, I've been recommended both systems, so either should hopefully give it a decent note. Are you getting hiflow cats or keeping the standard ones?

HannibalK1ng

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
well my bro is a holden mechanic and reccomends me to keep the stock cats and just get them opened up. he said for the gain u might get its not worth it and probs cause some o2 sensor issues. the exhaust joint asked if i wanted to change them cause of they will hang to low? but i said no.... so i guess ill see how it goes... if im scraping like crazy/rip one off then ill get it changed if not im happy to keep them stock.

what do u reccomend?

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
Yep that's correct, basically the same as what we did with my cats... They do hang lower, prob 4cm lower..

My car's pretty low, and haven't managed to scrape the cats on anything yet, so they should be fine.

I'd prob go the twin 2.25 into single 2.5, then twin tips... But I dunno It's so hard to get a nice note out of these engines.

I'll prob end up trying a few different setups. Just need more time and money lol.

Something like this might be okay.
http://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/p...=1449&osCsid=5f3409b52f05f3e49300b3df78f9b5a8

HannibalK1ng

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
yea i was thinking of getting something like that as well.
but ill see on sat what sort of system the exhaust joint will offer and how much ill weigh up my odds.

HannibalK1ng

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
the clip sounds alright but vids/sounds files are never as good as being in the car. i guess ill just need to get it done....Thanks!

HannibalK1ng

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
hey mate sorta considering getting that one you linked me too... do u think the duel 2inch is big enough thats probs the only thing im concerned about?