Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

turn LED lights turning off when using indicator

sandman2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute
is there a way to turn the DRL to turn off when using the indicators... ie the DRL are all on but then you flick indicator on, that sides DRL turns off to be the indicator... that option is so dumb and annoying i cant stand that its doing it. just like Audis and Jeeps all seem to do it... there has to be a way to turn that feature off....????

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline MY15 Series 1
I agree that it's a bad look. I've never understood it - it looks like something's broken on those cars.

hiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
statesman vs series 3
I agree that it's a bad look. I've never understood it - it looks like something's broken on those cars.
I think that this must be a safety feature /ADR requirement,I saw a Jeep Cherokee the other day and at first I thought that the DRL must be broken but as he finished turning the DRL came back on. I agree that this does look bizarre but as we all know everything has to be dumbed down these days. SIGH!

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
is there a way to turn the DRL to turn off when using the indicators... ie the DRL are all on but then you flick indicator on, that sides DRL turns off to be the indicator... that option is so dumb and annoying i cant stand that its doing it. just like Audis and Jeeps all seem to do it... there has to be a way to turn that feature off....????

Well every thing is contained in the one module now with the stupid drl and lights and indicators all in one.....cost saving feature....the drl should turn off when indicator is on....otherwise you would not see the indicator.....give me the VF where the drl's were a separate unit.
The drl's on imported cars look terrible.....they look like a Christmas tree lit up....terrible....ah well Christmas is just around the corner!

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Probably switched off so that when an indicator is activated it is the only obvious light conspicuous on said corner of the vehicle. A safety initiative so that other motorists are not confused by what they see. The general quality of drivers these days is so questionable that they need every assistance imaginable to stay safe.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
It's an American thing, I don't think any other country does it do they?