Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turning a stock v6 wiring harness in a Conversion harness.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Hi fellas,
Just wondering what would I need to if i ever swap the v6 from my 92 VP into another car, what would i have to do, such as wiring gausge conversions etc.
Just an idea i had with a mate.
Cheers!

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Depends on the other car. Probably easiest if you took all the VP stuff with the engine- transmission, engine management computer , cluster gauges etc. VN/VP Holden components are pretty interchangeable but it starts getting harder with the VR. I've been looking at making a VR cluster work in a VQ and it seems simple but it's a horror story.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Depends on the other car. Probably easiest if you took all the VP stuff with the engine- transmission, engine management computer , cluster gauges etc. VN/VP Holden components are pretty interchangeable but it starts getting harder with the VR. I've been looking at making a VR cluster work in a VQ and it seems simple but it's a horror story.
Thanks,
It was only a thought me and a mate had, probably not gonna happen as the commo is straight, but I still haven’t fixed the cluster issue.
I was wondering if it is called a 4 wire system or something I don’t remember.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Thanks,
It was only a thought me and a mate had, probably not gonna happen as the commo is straight, but I still haven’t fixed the cluster issue.
I was wondering if it is called a 4 wire system or something I don’t remember.
Electrical problems are a pain. My rebuilt, level 3 cluster is now starting to lose the RH LCD display when it runs hard for over an hour- heat must be loosening the LCD case clamp bolts. The case is largely held together with araldite.
You won't have a 4 wire system- that's a CANBUS and from memory Holden started using it with the VE.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Electrical problems are a pain. My rebuilt, level 3 cluster is now starting to lose the RH LCD display when it runs hard for over an hour- heat must be loosening the LCD case clamp bolts. The case is largely held together with araldite.
You won't have a 4 wire system- that's a CANBUS and from memory Holden started using it with the VE.
Dang, Ill have to do some research, I’m not really allowed to do anything to it so i was thinking about taking thr V6 out and puttingit in a hilux then putting a certain straight 6 in it to annoy both sides of the red vs blue arguement ;)