Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

turning a vc commodore to a vk lookalike

H

hdt_077

hey guys my son and i are working on his vc commodore and when we brought it, it already had the vk bumper and tail lights.We brought a vh commie for the front guards and bonnet and when we went to put the vh guards on the vc commodore but discoverd that where the headlights sit are different to the vh commie.So my question is can we still turn the car into a vk with a little bit of cutting or is there another way to do it.
All response in regards to this project will help heaps thanks.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
use VH/VK headlights, thats all you need.

H

hdt_077

cheers for your reponse on my topic SL/ENUT,so i dont have to cut any of the indicator framework on the VC commie to fit VK guards and lights is that right

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
My ex had a VB with a VH front end on it. The only problem that had was the bonnet was a little hard to open. Whether the clowns that did the conversion, didn't line it up right, or whether there needs to be some sort of modification, I don't know....

Just something to keep in mind.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I believe you do need to do some slight cutting to fit the bigger lights! the reason I say this is because I've seen and read a how-to on the net before, unless that was keeping the VB bits and just going to the bigger lights, I can't remember perfectly. Also 1vngal, the bonnets are a bit different