Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turning a vx executive into a s pack

Matthew Simpson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Excecutive S2
Hey guys,

Just wanted an opinion from some Holden enthusiasts. I currently own a Holden vx executive and I was wondering would it look stupid to buy the s pack body kit and clean rims to make the car look nicer as I prefer the look, is this a stupid decision or not a bad one?

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
depends on if you can get the ss front and rear bars, side skirts and headlights cheap enough and in good condition.
Probably need to buy fog lights, brackets and switch along with some clear side indicators and rear tail lights.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
IMHO you can polish a turd all you like but it will remain a turd.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
IMHO you can polish a turd all you like but it will remain a turd.

Eh, S/SS is just an Exec with some extra trim and a sticker pack, not really that different.

OP, plenty of people have done what you're proposing. If you can find the lips and skirts in the same color then do it if you want, I wouldn't really bother paying to have ones to be painted though.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah but SS is a V8 and has some value. I assume the OP has a V6 Exec, he actually hasn't said what he is driving.

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Eh, S/SS is just an Exec with some extra trim and a sticker pack, not really that different.

And steering wheel controls for the radio, "S" pack or "SS" seat material, colour coded mirrors, fog light housings (S) or fog lights (SS) rear spoiler (no rear windscreen brake light), FE 2 suspension (lower, different shockies, bigger stabiliser bar), the mags (16's on the S, 17's on the SS), etc.
On an S pack the wiring etc is in place for the fog lights. They just bolt in in place of the black covers.
I would reckon selling the Exec and buying what you want would be cheaper.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Appears to be only a minor and inexpensive (?) modification. Not a stupid decision, if you think the car looks better and you're happy, go for it.

Slick_Vp_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV M6
Appears to be only a minor and inexpensive (?) modification. Not a stupid decision, if you think the car looks better and you're happy, go for it.
Butterfingers is right, it is your car after all so do whatever you think looks good. Could be a good opportunity to learn a few things if you haven’t painted before too. Nothing wrong with a tidy VX, they can look pretty tough. Post some pics if you do decide to go for it. Good luck mate.

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
It'll look like a 20 yr old Commodore with non-original rims, body kit etc, nothing special and won't add value compared to what it costs. But it'll be how you want and that's all that matters.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
^^^^^^ and neat, well maintained 20 year old Commodores are starting to get attention from people who appreciate them.
It wasn't that long ago that a 20 year old Commodore was just that, an old car ready for trading and scrapping.