Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turning the radio on when car is off

VXcommforlife

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Hey guys i was installing a Loc.I had the remote wire conected to the yellow wire and then i used wire cutters near that wire and it sparked. I found the blown fuse and replaced it. Now when the car is off i can still turn my radio on. Does anyone know what it could be mabey another fuse??

VXcommforlife

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
I just checked every fuse and they are all fine. The only thing i can think of is i took one off the 7.5 fuses out of a slot because i did not have any spares so now that slot is empty. Could this have somthing to do with it??

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
Is this in a VX ?
Does your cigarette lighter also work once the keys off ?
Could be your key barrel ...

What are the chances the yellow and red wires are touching in the harness ?

VXcommforlife

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
No it is a Vz. The cigarette lighter works aswell when you turn the radio on. What red wire i am using the radio wiring harness.

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
I would like to be able to do this. I have a VT with a pioneer head unit. Anyone know how i can achieve this??

VXcommforlife

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
I just replaced the blown fuse and it is still staying on.Here is a photo of the harness.

Attachments

• IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 190

teno45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Berlina
I would like to be able to do this. I have a VT with a pioneer head unit. Anyone know how i can achieve this??

Put an "ON- ON" style toggle switch somewhere in the car, attach the "accessories" input from the cd player to the common terminal on the switch, put the accessories line from the fuse/ignition barrel to one of the NO terminals and a battery wire to the other NO terminal. In one position, the cd player will come on and off with the accessories from the ignition barrel, the other position the cd player will come on/stay on regardless of the ignition barrel.

Lol i am no pro

Even a non pro can use electrical tape! cover the joints and you might find the problem goes away...

Sounds like the accessories power wire to the cd player is touching the battery power wire.