Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turtle Wax Seal'n'Shine

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
These aren’t waxes though. They are hybrid ceramic sprays. The turtle wax does contain carnauba to soften the feel.

Considering these two were unprepared paint, just a wash and apply, I’m amazed.

Also, the application takes about an hour as opposed to all day. The finish is certainly comparable to traditional polish and wax. Just spray on. Wipe off and buff with a dry microfiber.

Now that you’ve got the finish done, use the hybrid ceramic on it.

You can also use them the other way, You can coat the car with a traditional wax over the top of both.

Was thinking of trying the PTFE Fuso coat. A product I have never used but has been about for years.

Last edited:

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
These aren’t waxes though. They are hybrid ceramic sprays. The turtle wax does contain carnauba to soften the feel.

Considering these two were unprepared paint, just a wash and apply, I’m amazed.

Also, the application takes about an hour as opposed to all day. The finish is certainly comparable to traditional polish and wax. Just spray on. Wipe off and buff with a dry microfiber.

Now that you’ve got the finish done, use the hybrid ceramic on it.

You can also use them the other way, You can coat the car with a traditional wax over the top of both.

Was thinking of trying the PTFE Fuso coat. A product I have never used but has been about for years.

I have a Spray Wax and used it couple of times, works ok for about a week or so, depends on the weather,

Where the Meguiars Carnauba Wax is a paste that you apply with a [round] applicator, either a Meguiars or a SCA one,
The SCA are a bit thing, and seem to damage them with my fat fingers.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
7530E4EE-17E9-417C-8FBB-5AF53485FD02.jpeg

That’s the two of them.

0C636EE5-0D03-4FFC-878D-A9F58985EDDA.jpeg

They both have given a better finish in an hour than my traditional options over a day.

*Paint correction not included

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
View attachment 209942
That’s the two of them.

View attachment 209944
They both have given a better finish in an hour than my traditional options over a day.

*Paint correction not included

What are your thoughts on Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax?
A friend is taking delivery of a new Suzuki this week, and wants a (budget) paint protection applied.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
It’s really good. These two seem to be the biggest players in this segment for now. Mothers CMX is not really in it anymore.

The Meguiars is hard to apply.

They say to wet the car then spray and hose off for the first go.
It didn’t really work out.

So on cars since, I clean, then spray and wipe on first application. Streaks like buggery so have to work fast to buff with another microfiber. The hotter it is, the harder it is.

I do two coats first go.

You need a good GSM microfiber around 200. They will all be one use with this product because of the SiO2.

As mentioned, the Calais was coated around October and it’s still doing great.

Would I use Meguiars again? Hmm maybe not. The Turtle wax hybrid is almost ½ the price. It’s easier to apply. Can be applied in the heat, so more user friendly. Has a softer feel to the paint after application. Is equally as robust so far.

The Calais will certainly be getting re-coated with Turtle Wax Hybrid next time.

The turtle wax also can streak, but not as easily. Easier to clean up too.

Finish isn’t as good as a true ceramic coating, but compares when considering time and cost.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
It’s really good. These two seem to be the biggest players in this segment for now. Mothers CMX is not really in it anymore.

The Meguiars is hard to apply.

They say to wet the car then spray and hose off for the first go.
It didn’t really work out.

So on cars since, I clean, then spray and wipe on first application. Streaks like buggery so have to work fast to buff with another microfiber. The hotter it is, the harder it is.

I do two coats first go.

You need a good GSM microfiber around 200. They will all be one use with this product because of the SiO2.

As mentioned, the Calais was coated around October and it’s still doing great.

Would I use Meguiars again? Hmm maybe not. The Turtle wax hybrid is almost ½ the price. It’s easier to apply. Can be applied in the heat, so more user friendly. Has a softer feel to the paint after application. Is equally as robust so far.

The Calais will certainly be getting re-coated with Turtle Wax Hybrid next time.

The turtle wax also can streak, but not as easily. Easier to clean up too.

Finish isn’t as good as a true ceramic coating, but compares when considering time and cost.

I follow a detailer on Youtube (Car Craft Auto Detailing) who says the same thing, apply it first to clean, dry paint.
Then let it cure for 24 hours.
I know its expensive, usually around $50 retail, but SCA have it for $35 at the moment, so I told my friend to pick up a bottle.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah. How good is Sandro’s channel. I liked the one he did of the Red VF SS.

... wait. You’ve got a Red VF SS.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah. How good is Sandro’s channel. I liked the one he did of the Red VF SS.

... wait. You’ve got a Red VF SS.

I haven't seen his VF SS video yet?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

Has a good objective point of view on this. His take on the situation speaks volumes for his business and also what interacting with the public is like at times.