Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tv/dvd

emmtee83

Reaction score
Members Ride
'84 VH SLE
Gday, this has probably been covered before but couldn't find anything, I'm getting a LCD screen and a DVD head unit from overseas....couple of questions. do i need a garnish for each of the 1-din pieces heading my way? how would i go about mounting it all up? and there's a chance it's a generic brand of player, which would mean all sorts of wiring complications, whats the easiest way to make sure it's all wired up correctly? don't wanna blow it up....

thanks in advance

Snotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina auto s2
the players should come with colour coded wires listing where the go. Places like supercheap sell plugs with wires that connect to the factory loom so you dont have to destroy it

Alan Shore

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 ED XR6 Manual
Even though they are generic brands...they should come with manuals that show what colour wires are for what (i.e left speaker or remote). With a garnish for a VT??? (just looking at your sig there)...I'm not sure...there might be garnishes that you can get at audio places and maybe even some on ebay...if the individual single-din garnish doesn't adequetly cover the gaps...