Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

TV screen for VN!

H

hypo_v6

Hey guys,

im looking at getting a screen for my 1990 VN, its a 7'' in-dash, manuel pullout screen, the physical size of the box is 8 x 8 x5 cm

i got a few questions first of all, whats mainly involved in installing this, ive installed my cd player before with no hassels, but im planning on moving this cd player to make room for the screen in that spot.

Also will it fit fine in the cd players spot according to the dimensions above?

and can i put my cd player (JVC Vario-style) in the hole thats below the AirCon button? (if i drill holes in back of it etc. etc.)

thanks for your help, if anyone got pics of their install please email them to me at [email protected]

thank you!

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
I dont think it will fit in that hole below the aircon but ive seen them mounted in the glovebox (be careful of A/c fan) but aside from that it would have to go in the boot :S

H

hypo_v6

I have been on the street commodores forums too, and people believe that it is possible, just need to cut abit of the plastic to make it fit in the bottom pocket,

then again in the glove box is an option, that would be not too bad, easy to get too, we will see when it comes to it i think, if i can get it in the bottom pocket its going there if not maybe make up a small frame and sit it on top of glove box

ill post pics when all said and done. .

anymore help is appreciated thanks mate! :wave:

V

vpcrappadoor

it should fit.. my mate has one in his vn but his was put in professionally cost him a packet but its in