Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tweeter & Speaker

madsav

Reaction score
Members Ride
your ass
Ok i have a ss vt commodore and i want to upgrade the speakers as only 2 are working
im told to chase the wiring etc and ill do that in time but while im at it i want to upgrade all the speakers
Just wondering what door speakers would you guys say are good
And what tweeters are best to install?
just want somthing thats a good alrounder without spending to much
Cheers

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
A set of splits comes with the door speakers, the tweeters, and a crossover to split the frequencies between the two.

How much do you want to spend?

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
as acarmody has said splits are what you want , an what brand comes down to how much you wanna spend an personal Preference i like alpine.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
every pesron has different taste in music and sound reproduction, so "what speaker" is a very broad question, with a lot of answers.

As the two fella's above have said, you want a 2 way speaker with seperate tweeter and individual crossover. This allows the tweeter to be mounted in the dash and the woofer in the door. The door pod will accept a 6" speaker (or 6.5 with a little modification) and a 1" tweeter in the dash.
The rear door is a 6"/6.5" speaker, but has not allocated spot for a seperate tweeter. In this case you are looking for a coaxial (tweeter mounted on woofer as one unit).

Now you have the configurations and sizes worked out, the next factor is price, brand and quality. Generally, most well known brands like Pioneer, JVC and Clarion are good for OEM replacement, stuff like Alpine, Polk etc. are more designed for competitions and more involved setups. Your best bet is to head down to your local car audio retailer, listen to a few different speakers (take some music you prefer in with you) and let your ears and wallet make the decision.

Cheers
GAMBLR