Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

twin 3" exhaust question

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
hey guys,
i currently have a vx ss with pacemaker extractors, twin 2.5" cats and twin 2.5"pipes from the cats

im gettn a little bored of the note, it sounds good, but hoping to get a twin 3" from the catback to give it a deeper note.
also the twin 2.5"was installd before i got the car so im unsure as to the quality and make etc., and, it looks a lil dodgy and rusty.

just wondering if u can get twin3"pipes that will fit onto a 2.5"cat outlet? and will i have any problems with flow or anythin,, having a set of 3"pipes with 2.5"cats?

thanks guys

kart_racer

Races karts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim 5M
Twin 3" is a bit too big unless ur planning to turbo the car...

A different brand of twin 2.5" will give a completely different note. Have a look over on the LS1 Forums, Australian LS1 and Holden Forums , and you will find extensive threads on exhaust systems to suit the LS1. :thumbsup:

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
you will lose some on the low end.just get a better sounding cat back get a di fillipo with no resonator or somethin

HSV99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 HSV SV99
Don't think there would be a problem hooking up a twin 3 inch but I do think it might be a bit excesive. Twin 2.5 would be better. Have u got a rear resinator? If so change it to hotdogs, if you got hotdogs already remove them altogether. Those mods will definately change the note, will drone more but will change the note.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
A twin 3" will bolt straight up. As for being too big, it depends on what has been done to the car. If you have a cam and a tune then it would be fine.

I can do you a decent price on a twin 3" or a different twin 2 1/2" if you are interested.