Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin Exhaust - Essential Parts

MKN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VE Omega 2008
This may of been asked before but I cannot seem to find the relevant information or at least not in specific detail,

I am looking to install a twin exhaust on my VE Commodore Omega, mostly for cosmetic reasons and I was just trying to figure the cheapest way to do it, buy a twin exhaust system off eBay/Gumtree etc, and then ask my local Holden Dealer for the mounts and things, so from Holmart, they said the parts needed were,

1) 1 Rubber Exhaust Mounts (22674119) $11.00 each

2) 1 Rear Exhaust bracket. (92066860) $22.00

3) 1 Left Hand heat shield. (92252128) $39.00

4) 1 Diff double exhaust hanger (92066857) $16.00

And upon emailing my Holden Dealer, they just provided me with this image and just state the parts I want for a quote,

jfeNTVc.png

And I have no clue what I am looking for, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

MKN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry, I have fixed it up now, please help

and again..

jfeNTVc.png

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
Maybe go into their Spares Dept, with that diagram, and talk to someone - it looks like they've put in as much effort as the effort you have put in from your first post ie they receive and email from a guy wanting to put an SV6/V6 Calais exhaust on an Omega.

If you go in and see someone, they will know you're keen to buy not just some guy firing off an email with a dream of maybe putting on a dual exhaust.
Better confirm the parts than my guess that:-
- part 17 is - Rubber Exhaust Mounts (22674119) $11.00 each
- part 7 is - Rear Exhaust bracket. (92066860) $22.00
- part 8 is - Left Hand heat shield. (92252128) $39.00
- part 5 is - Diff double exhaust hanger (92066857) $16.00

THEN, when you find out, post answers, so others can refer back to this thread if needed :)

Maybe PM this member, he's just done this mod!
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/changed-single-exhaust-dual.238892

Last edited:

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
Hi

I just did this on the weekend put a dual exhaust on an omega single system. After basically scoring the exhaust for next to nothing I followed more than 20 leads to chase up all the bits trying to bypass expensive holden spares. I tried wrecking yards everywhere no one keeps these parts stupidly. After much frustration I went to holden and bought what I needed. I did get trade price though and was happy with what I got and paid. What you will need.

Dual exhaust of course extractors back
1 x lh muffler
1 x rh muffler
2 x exhaust flanges goto an exhaust shop or holden these are for rear mufflers
1 x double diff hanger
1 x rubber exhaust mount for l/h double diff hanger ( grab 2 x if your rhs one is worn
1 x l/h rear exhaust bracket
2 x extra bolts for l/h muffler attachment ( I forgot these but improvised with my buckets of bolts )

Holden didnt have the l/h heat shield in stock me being impatient I got some insulation from work and glued it to the plastic. I tried lighting the insulation with fire and it wouldnt catch alight however the silver coating over the insulation lit very quickly and flamed I didnt like this one bit so I ripped the insulation off. Whether you need it or not you probably do but the muffler sits at least 3cm off the plastic I have been checking every day and the plastic doesnt even get warm its just a precaution thing I think. Im not going to bother fitting one on the left hand side. I also modded my original rear omega diffuser I just cut out the hole for the exhaust turned out very well and much better than I expected plus saved a heap.

Thanks to JR for the part numbers above as thats what I quoted holden and they gave me the prices and availability straight up.

I have already noticed a difference in fuel economy car goes 50klms further now since the exhuast has been fitted and for some reason my oxygen sensor is now reading within factory specs with old single exhaust installed it came up with high voltage which would have been making the car run rich.

MKN

Reaction score
Members Ride
beauty! thanks for the help, will post pics when everything is in order :)