Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

twin exhausts on vt sedan

V

vts98matty

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to put twin exhausts on a vt sedan I want to have them coming out both sides.I know the fuel tank might get in the way but im hoping there would be some way around that.:driving:

danielsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SS 5.7/A4
depending on who you talk to, it can be done without moving the fuel tank, but is a really tight fit. might be best to talk to a few exhaust shops and see what they say, i do know that some are happy to do it like this cause i'm getting mine done in the next month or so, whereas some would rather move the fuel tank and others not even wanna know about it.

another way althoe somewhat dodgy if you look under the car, is to run both pipes out to the left then one over to the right hand side.

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
from what ive heard its actually not a good idea doing twin pipes, something about loosing back pressure and stuff, but then again i could be wrong

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
on a vt 2 1/4" is the stock size but yeah careful of losing too much back pressure

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
The exhaust shop said they'd do it for $1750 for me and claimed my car would sound like a V12 after it got done and it would pave the way for any engine mods I make after that..

I told em where to go..

hodgy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 304
DeanoVT said:
on a vt 2 1/4" is the stock size but yeah careful of losing too much back pressure

Yes 2 1/4 is stock size but im talking about dual 2 1/4 it's roughly the equivelent to a 3" system and would be good up to around 240kw maby a little less for the 3" (220kw).

glen_56

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt in progress
I Did it to mine.

Attachments

• twin exhaust.jpg
    twin exhaust.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 1,332

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
Glen... could you show me some pics of the right side rear exhaust near the fuel tank.... i have thought to do twin system to my VX too... i thought of wrapping the exhaust near the fuel tank with insulation like what is used on extractors or headers...