Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin Plate clutch suggestions

Woodsy104

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore SSV Sedan
Hello,

I am currently looking for a twin plate clutch to go in my 2007 ve ssv as my current single plate one is slipping at my current hp. this car will still be a DD so I don't want the clutch to be jerky when engaging (have driven a mates car that has a twin plate ceramic clutch that takes off about as smooth as falling down stairs).
I will be also doing a bit of drag racing here and there but mainly DD.
(can provide more info if needed)

Thanks!

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
What's the clutch you have now and how much power are you pushing?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Mantic 9000 series, can go organic or cerametelic, pedal feel is smidge lighter then stock, i went the cerametelic feels good grips but u can daylie drive it, i did have some shutter but that is as i got the light flywheel as well i think they use a heavier one now days, but i also tuned the shutter out so good anyway

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Mantic 9000 twin organic. Can't recommend it enough, light, smooth as silk for DD will smash your rears when you want it to. Modulates in the middle nicely too. I think shudder is just the price of non organic

Woodsy104

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore SSV Sedan
Mantic 9000 series, can go organic or cerametelic, pedal feel is smidge lighter then stock, i went the cerametelic feels good grips but u can daylie drive it, i did have some shutter but that is as i got the light flywheel as well i think they use a heavier one now days, but i also tuned the shutter out so good anyway
does your cerametelic shudder bad when taking off from the line? because I hated that when I drove my mates car, feels like it wants to break something.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
does your cerametelic shudder bad when taking off from the line? because I hated that when I drove my mates car, feels like it wants to break something.
it was at the start after i got the cam/blower couldnt take off with like under 1000 revs but just up to 12-1300rpm was fine, but then i got into tuning and found that it just needed more timing at that point so the engine didnt have enough torque to hold the load so it shutters back n forth, once i sorted that out i can just drive as normal, the guy from mantic said they changed to a heavier flywheel for street so the inertia helps stop the shuttering, my whole clutch and flywheel is like 15kg makes idle tuning fun too but revs up real quick when u need it to

Reactions: Lex