Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin Throttle bodys on an ecotec modifying the loom to run the ISCM and TPS solenoids

vscom88

Andrew-
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Hey guys, I'm ready to buy this plenum chamber for my ecotec engine that is currently sitting in my garage ( Uploaded in the photos )

The question i want to know is, how would i go about cruise control ? Cruise control runs down the left side and is cable controlled so what would that do if just 1 was working ?

Also, about modifying the loom to run the ISCM and TPS would i be able to just splice the wires opened from the original sensors and extend them underneath the manifold or something ? Would that work ?? I gather i will need a retune that's not a worry for me.

Another question .. The engine is already modified and i'm about to strip it down and go a bit bigger in camshaft size then what's currently in there, would the Twin TB make much of a difference ? is it really worth the $270 he's asking ?

Thanks fellas.

P.S i've uploaded a photo of the throttle bodys and a dyno report from when the engine was first built.

Attachments

• 1343372030745.jpg
    1343372030745.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 1,275
  • IMAG0499.jpg
    IMAG0499.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 891

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The question I have on all these TTB setups on a V6's is why??? A wild NA V6 is never going to pump as much air as even a mild 5 litre which a single TB is ample. All you are doing is slowing down the air velocity which ruins low/medium rpm throttle response. From *everyting* I have read, tb's are like cams - particularly for street driven cars, less is more. Choose either the perfect size for your engine specs or err on the side of one or 2 sizes down. For this engine, how many rpm are you expecting to run at?? Is it street driven or mainly for the track? What CR are you running?

Reaper

vscom88

Andrew-
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Mate i will be on my p's for a very long time to come so i can't do a 5 liter, this is the size cam i have in it at the moment and im taking it out and going even bigger

There's alot of work done to the engine and its all specified in my build thread listed in my signature .. basically i just want to know if it's really worth it or what ? It's going to stay n/a because of these p plate laws. It will be a street driven car with a manual behind it but won't get driven very often, i have another car that i use for a daily.

It's going to be a long time before it gets driven on the street anyway by the time i put it into the car i am thinking of.

The engine revved to about 6500 MAX .. it's kindof a thrasher engine mainly for the track.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Mate i will be on my p's for a very long time to come so i can't do a 5 liter, this is the size cam i have in it at the moment and im taking it out and going even bigger

You do realize that you are not licensed to drive any performance mod you do on your V6 too right???

There's alot of work done to the engine and its all specified in my build thread listed in my signature .. basically i just want to know if it's really worth it or what ? It's going to stay n/a because of these p plate laws. It will be a street driven car with a manual behind it but won't get driven very often, i have another car that i use for a daily.

Then the answer is no. For (at best) a very small amount of top end improvement you will loose low/mid throttle response.

It's going to be a long time before it gets driven on the street anyway by the time i put it into the car i am thinking of.

The engine revved to about 6500 MAX .. it's kindof a thrasher engine mainly for the track.

Ok - if it was me, I'd fit a single bored out TB. At peak revs you will be topping out it's flow but for everything but, you will be a long way in front.

Reaper

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
tps is used for throttle position, you dont need 2 of them.

and the ISCM, i assume you are talking about the IACV, idle air control valve, you really shouldnt need more than the one hooked up, as its only adding extra air at idle during different temperature conditions.