Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

twin throttle bodys vs v6?

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
does any body have twin throttle bodys on there vs?

ive herd that twin throttle bodys are better than a single aftermarket 70mm t/b im lookin at gettin one but i wanna make sure a, thell fit the v6 b, there worth it c, were the hell do i get one!!

cheers guys!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
MACE did the twin TB's for the ecotecs. talk to Steve but i think there not making em anymore

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers, hey a mate of mine reckons a single 70mm tb would work better, is that true? what will give better resaults, power and tourque wise, twin throttle body or 70mm single throttle body?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Tim got his own made didnt cost him much too get the engineers to cut and weld the stock plenum to fit twin throttlebodies turned out good too hes up your way too ill remember his username and find a thread or 2 for you soon.he likes them we were trying to sort a maffless tune to suit but it was running a bit lean so hes gone back to running the MAF again still got twin TB's just the intake pipe joins into one with the MAF in it still goes good like that I must pull finger and send his next tune hes been waiting for a while LOL memcals right in front of me might do something with it today.

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks heaps for that bro!

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
sweet as send him a PM he will tell you how much it cost to get done I do have more pics but ive just reloaded my PC with windows so they arnt back on here yet

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
will do, are twin tb's worth it? how much more power would i be able to get outa one over say a 70mm body?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you will gain a little torque and get a lot touchier throttle and slightly mucked up shift points with either of them nothing a tune wont sort out though twins do look cool too :yeah: and if you rolled back to a vr auto ecu you could go full mafless tune and twin pods

MACE

Reaction score
We're moving away from the twins as we have other products that offer about 80% of the gains at a fraction of the cost (in regards to your average bolt on ecotec), such as our plenum spacer, manifold insulator and larger throttle body. In saying this we may have something else down the track ;)