Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

twin throttle manifolds

part_time_hero

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss series III ute
hey just wondering if anyone has had any use, or problems with these manifolds that are selling on ebay, they are modified dual 60mm throttle body manifolds, look similar to the come racing ones, i am doing cam, head work and looking to upgrade the manifold and these seem to be a cheap alternative to the come racing ones, if anyone can help me that would be tops, thanks
HSV Holden V8 manifold VN VP VR VS SENATOR CLUBSPORT (eBay item 250768502184 end time 14-Feb-11 20:47:46 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
they appear to be well made & very reasonably priced.
I haven't heard of any test results from them, but the basic concept seems to be good.
My only reservation/concern would be the small volume plenum chamber and also no mention as to whether the throttles are progressively linked or not.

locolatino

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Vx II Spac Commodore/ 3.6L V6
try looking at mace engineering site. or just give them a buzz! hope it helps!
i know they have some information on bored out throttle boddies. it might help! or just call them!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Runner lengths and dias are all wrong. I looked at doing a banana chop job myself but there is no way of getting the runners right unless you scalp the manifold at the bottom flange height (ie clear off all runners and machine counter sunk bores) and press fitting new runners/trumpets at the propper height to make it work. What you have there is an expensive way of achieving not much better than std bananas.

Reaper

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I picked up 30rwhp with the Trickshift manifold which is also basically a cut down banana manifold - although it does have a larger volume plenum than the one above

T-rex

Reaction score
Members Ride
4 Banger Hilux
Do you happen to know what the optimum RPM range on the Trickshift is?

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
I would be abit questionable about buying from somewhere with the location "A happy place called Victoria"

Only joking.

They look like a nice manifold. Although could be a backyard job. Anything on ebay is always questionable.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Runner lengths and dias are all wrong. I looked at doing a banana chop job myself but there is no way of getting the runners right unless you scalp the manifold at the bottom flange height (ie clear off all runners and machine counter sunk bores) and press fitting new runners/trumpets at the propper height to make it work. What you have there is an expensive way of achieving not much better than std bananas.

Reaper

This.
That manifold in the OP, is going to flow worse then a standard bannana manifold. The manifold has tuned length runners to suit the stroke of the 5ltr. This to avoid resonace in the manifold. If you cut the top off it, you're halving the intake runner length and opening up a plenum for reverberation to really hurt the intake flow. You'll loose bottom end torque due to the short runners and loose top end due to the reverberation.
There is a good reason proper twin throt manifolds cost allot of money, if they could just cut the top off the stock job and get awesome results they would.

wez84

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv/vr calais V6 turbo oneday N/A Track car
I have always liked the Torque power manifold and a 1000cfm 4 barrel style throttle body set up.