Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin throttle wagon

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
I was at my exhaust shop the other day and they had a 89 vn wagon with a V6 twin throttle body ecotec in it.Had a throttle body on each side of manifold and was very well done.They were fitting pacemakers and full exhaust to it and twin stainless air intake tubes for the motor.
This thing is standard height crap hub caps and crap paint.Very decieving.
I was told it was giong to get some paint and wheels soon but at the moment you wouldnt look twice at it.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Too true,its a 5spd also.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
vn6pwr said:
Thats the best thing about a sleeper, prey on un-suspecting victims

But nobody drags sleepers anyway. When I first got my car, most hot cars wouldnt drag me...

Now every commodore I pull up against tries, as does jap crap and the other day even a new Corvette pulled up next to me and started revvin sneakin forwards at the lights so I gave him a drag as well.

My car isnt really quick, but it doesnt hurt to try :p

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
I know what you mean.I know nothing about the mods but i was told it was in another car and performed pretty well,and now this guy has done some internal work also.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
The intake manifold could be split though... So the t/b on one side feed the 3 cylinders on that side, the t/b on the other side feed the other 3 cylinders on the other bank.

Also it might not be a design like the normal tb setup, the t/b could be forward of the engine so the air is sucked backwards and the throttle bodies are parralell with each other kinda thing... They wouldnt go through the hassle of making a manifold like that without thinking it through I wouldnt think...