Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Buick] twin turbo build

dccbvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 berlina V6
hey guys.forgive me if this is in the wrong section
i am getting parts 2 geather for twin turboing my vp v6.only be running low boost
its 5speed completly standard so to speak.will be making manifolds dump pipes etc myself along with my dad as hes a welder by trade and has a pipe bender.

few things i wanted 2 ask.1st of all i have a T25 off a GTI-R pulsar and a T28 i think they are off a RB25 in a R33 skyline.picked them both up for nothing.would it be better with the 2 different size turbos or shuld i get another pulsar T25 and run 2 the same.
also who does GM memcal tuning around the Mid North Coast of NSW,any good recommendations?

i want 2 be running less than 10psi.as the turbos are both 7psi internally gated

any information will be greatly appreciated
also if any pics of other peoples TT build

cheers causie

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you need 2 steel exhaust wheel T28's

dccbvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 berlina V6
so theres no way the t25s will be good enough???

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you will most likely loose the exhaust wheels down the exhaust pipes with t25's

dccbvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 berlina V6
oh awesome.might have to re plan all this again.maybe a single to4e or the like with a small extrnal gate.wuld fit a single in the engine bay easier

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais Supercharged "Auuusiecouch"
oh awesome.might have to re plan all this again.maybe a single to4e or the like with a small extrnal gate.wuld fit a single in the engine bay easier

In my opinion, the right sized bigger single would be a lot easier to work with.. :spot on:

DW loves his T70 trademe specials :doh:, which are about the same as a Garrett TO4 "56 trim" with "O-trim" turbine. I'd recommend the Grand national 60-1 compressor wheel with a "P-trim" turbine shaft inside a .7 or .8 A/R Turbine housing for street use. That'll be nice and responsive with good flow for all you'd need.
The GT3582 with a .8 A/R turbine being the best option if funds allowed.

Spend some thought into making your manifolds right. Careful to leave clearance to remove the spark plugs and leave enough room around such things as the powersteering pump. Also put a "Bellows" or flexi-joint in the cross over pipe between the two banks ;)
A pair of "Log" style manifolds probably fine for low boost street use and better flowing header type for higher boost and track work.
You'll need a Bosch or Walbro (500hp) in-tank pump, appox 450cc injectors, Kalmaker tune, 2 1/2" - 3" exhaust, H/D clutch or shiftkit if auto.

For that bit more go.. also use; either Mace/Yella terra high ratio rockers. You could use mild turbo profile cam instead and that would be better if you can be bothered changing it.
A 3.45:1 or 3.7:1 gearset would wake her up too.
Can't recommend good suspension enough.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
come on weve proved that you dont have to go all flashy on the manifolds and gear a log manifold and APET T70 or JAPRACE T70 can go fast the wheels measure up to be around the same as a GT35 enough to make a 245000km engine with a cam go 11.7 at the drags and its gonna go faster yet .thing is the cheap stuff is all you need to get it operational and built find all your issues and fine tune the setup then you can just buy a good brand wastegate and bolt it on when one comes up cheap we just got a turbosmart wastegate for 150 bucks fitted that and sold the cheapo for 100 .if a cheap garrett turned up well we might get one and see how it goes .