Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin Turbo VS Ecotec Build **engine build in progress page 16**

spikeyboi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais supercharged
Just spent last couple of hours reading this whole thing, good work mate! This car is a beast that will last forever

VYTTV6

Reaction score
Mt Isa Aussy, and/or Christchurch New Zealand
Members Ride
Manual VY Commodore S
WOW, excellent job man! As an apprentice fitter welder doing something similar i can say this is a great read!
Iv spent the last couple of hours going through pages 1-80, saved a few photos tbh lol..

I have a 04 SII VY Commodore S manual... and am looking to do your origonal plan of a parralal TT setup..

So far have 2x TD05H-16G Mitzy turbos, 2x 38mm ext Tial Watesgates, Tial BOV.. Autometer Boost and oil guages..
Gaskets, made some Flanges.. radaradara... prob not that interested..

Can i just ask how safe you think a standard L36 ecotec bottem end is, iv only got 8psi spring in the wastegates.
Do you think its worth getting lower comp pistens for such little boost?
Alot of people have different opinions but youv been there done it all so any advice would be great.

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
pfft 17PSI at 5000RPM on a factory block thats 330K old. Just do it at up to 14PSI.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Get an L67 bottom end?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The most critical part of running boost is making sure the tune is good and the fuel system is up to the task.

pfft 17PSI at 5000RPM on a factory block thats 330K old. Just do it at up to 14PSI.

17psi from a centrifugal supercharger is a lot different to the same psi from a turbo or PD type blower.

Centrifugal supercharging is probably the most gentle on the bottom end as the boost pressure builds progressively with rpm where as a turbo or PD type blower can create a lot of boost at lower rpms.

VYTTV6

Reaction score
Mt Isa Aussy, and/or Christchurch New Zealand
Members Ride
Manual VY Commodore S
Thanks for replys guys that sounds hopeful! this will be my first build project ever. Have fabricating skills to make manifolds ect, not real keen to rip the engine out and apart to replace bottom end tho. And thanks yea im aware of the fuel issue gonna get 550cc injectors and a suitable fuel pump.. got a tuning company in mind to get standard ecu remaped and dyno tuned.. need to research fuel pump a bit more am very much learning as i go, and still gathering parts.

10475522_806181212748569_4919976999459380689_n.jpg

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Thanks for replys guys that sounds hopeful! this will be my first build project ever. Have fabricating skills to make manifolds ect, not real keen to rip the engine out and apart to replace bottom end tho. And thanks yea im aware of the fuel issue gonna get 550cc injectors and a suitable fuel pump.. got a tuning company in mind to get standard ecu remaped and dyno tuned.. need to research fuel pump a bit more am very much learning as i go, and still gathering parts.

10475522_806181212748569_4919976999459380689_n.jpg

Maybe start your own thread :)