Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre blew after 7000km

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Well that the problem so which one do you get because people have hidden agendas $$$ Just image a Redline owner running chinese Tyres LOL.LOL.LOL,LOL.LOL. Look at Good Year Tyres but the Chinese have Good ride tyres. This show not be allowed. I had a argument with one owner that he said he got a good price on 4 GoodYear tyres but when I expected the car it was Good Ride Tyre and yet he still claims they are from Good Year. what a Croc!!!

Yes, brand specific tyre stores will push that particular brand....Part and parcel of their business.

Yes, brand name stores will sell other brands but part of their contract means they have to sell a certain percentage of their store brand tyres to keep the franchise...

Yes there are brands out there that have similar names but are completely different companies...That's where a little research comes into play

Do a little research on where some name brands are made...ie Bridgestone, Kumho, Goodyear and Dunlop...You might be surprised where some of these are made....

So as I mentioned, not all tyres from one country are shite

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
You should have 235/45R17 not 245/45X17 on yur VX.....Hence more sidewall....

Your speedo should read incorrect with that size...

Yes the VX came from the factory with 235/45X17 so a little more compliant with our roads,

It's fine
Screenshot_20201217-182407_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
So as I mentioned...More sidewall.....And your speedo should read incorrect....

1.4% incorrectly yes

Which at 100kmh, is 101.4kph, which isn't really anything to write home about

Especially when speedo readings are typically lower than actual road speed

In saying this, my dash speedo reads 110ish, the digital reads 105, but, GPS reads 100, so, which one do I use?

As I do alot of hwy drives from Sydney to Goulburn, I have come to the conclusion, from never being booked for speeding via a fixed or mobile camera, that when I'm doing 105, on the digital, in the 100 zones, and 115, on the digital in the 110 zones I'm good to go

If I could be bothered I could just get the digital speedo corrected via playing with the final drive gears in the ECU, like what was required when the 3:91 went in, but that is not even worth the effort it took to babble on in this post

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
So as I mentioned, not all tyres from one country are shite
Totally 100% agree but having Goodyear for years and Goodride appears (made in China) many years later this GOODRIDE SHOULD BE TAKEN OFF THE SHELF by our Dept of Fair Trading.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
For me Michelin are best but you have to pay for them.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Totally 100% agree but having Goodyear for years and Goodride appears (made in China) many years later this GOODRIDE SHOULD BE TAKEN OFF THE SHELF by our Dept of Fair Trading.
Really

"Several top global brands such as Michelin (two production plants), Bridgestone (six plants), Goodyear (two plants), Continental (two plants), Pirelli (two plants), Yokohama (three plants), Hankook (four plants), and Kumho (three plants) are present in China through their manufacturing units."

Not all Chinese tyres are poor quality

Just because a company is from Japan, doesn't mean that is where the tyres are manufactured

I know of a few well known billet engine parts that are "made in China" then, "finished" elsewhere for a "made in australia-america" tag

The beauty of capitalism

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Why should they take Goodrides off the shelf? I am sure there are plenty of businesses out there that have similar names, yet they are allowed to trade.....

As I have mentioned, plenty of name brand tyres are made in China

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Really

"Several top global brands such as Michelin (two production plants), Bridgestone (six plants), Goodyear (two plants), Continental (two plants), Pirelli (two plants), Yokohama (three plants), Hankook (four plants), and Kumho (three plants) are present in China through their manufacturing units."

[/URL]

Not all Chinese tyres are poor quality

Just because a company is from Japan, doesn't mean that is where the tyres are manufactured

I know of a few well known billet engine parts that are "made in China" then, "finished" elsewhere for a "made in australia-america" tag

[/URL]

The beauty of capitalism

Kumho have plants in China, Vietnam, Indonesia and America...I think there are a couple of other countries too. but can't think of them off the top of my head....

With the manufacturers having plants based in a few countries,, the tyres are developed in those countries, with the formulas passed onto each factory in the other countries, so they can be improved on in time