Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre blew after 7000km

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Why should they take Goodrides off the shelf? I am sure there are plenty of businesses out there that have similar names, yet they are allowed to trade.....

As I have mentioned, plenty of name brand tyres are made in China
I dont like any company that want to have any product with a similar name. The Chinese are good at this "eg" Palsonic and Panasonic How many people have purchase a TV that is Palsonic and thought it was Panasonic from Japan

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Really

"Several top global brands such as Michelin (two production plants), Bridgestone (six plants), Goodyear (two plants), Continental (two plants), Pirelli (two plants), Yokohama (three plants), Hankook (four plants), and Kumho (three plants) are present in China through their manufacturing units."

Not all Chinese tyres are poor quality

Just because a company is from Japan, doesn't mean that is where the tyres are manufactured

I know of a few well known billet engine parts that are "made in China" then, "finished" elsewhere for a "made in australia-america" tag

The beauty of capitalism
Yes out sourcing. At least when the tyre are made in another country they strictly have to follow the forumla of making the tyre. Same goes with Electron1cs including TV , the Panel itself. I have a feeling that this will stop in the next few years and it wont be poor quality of tyres it will be GET AWAY FROM CHINA full stop.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yes out sourcing. At least when the tyre are made in another country they strictly have to follow the forumla of making the tyre. Same goes with Electron1cs including TV , the Panel itself. I have a feeling that this will stop in the next few years and it wont be poor quality of tyres it will be GET AWAY FROM CHINA full stop.

Tyres from a manufacturer that has plants in other countries pass on those formulas to the other factories...That even includes China....If the formula is developed in China, it is passed onto other countries..

So my the sounds of it, you have a set against China and don't realise the big brands you have known about for years have plants in China and the tyres are made there with formulas either developed in that country or passed onto that country

Of course with these formulas they have a slight variation depending on which country the tyre is destined for

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I dont like any company that want to have any product with a similar name. The Chinese are good at this "eg" Palsonic and Panasonic How many people have purchase a TV that is Palsonic and thought it was Panasonic from Japan

It's a case of people actually looking and absorbing what the actual brand is, rather than blame a variation in the name.....

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Tyres from a manufacturer that has plants in other countries pass on those formulas to the other factories...That even includes China....If the formula is developed in China, it is passed onto other countries..

FFS! All they develop in china is viruses and copyright infringements...

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
FFS! All they develop in china is viruses and copyright infringements...
Thats correct for just about anything that China produces, copyright infringements galore and the CCP approve this as long as effect the west.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Thats correct for just about anything that China produces, copyright infringements galore and the CCP approve this as long as effect the west.

It is us, the consumer, that desire these goods.

The $13 Ryco oil filter I just purchased is manufactured in China

Meh, since Australia really doesn't manufacture much anymore, I don't care where my parts come from as long as they are value for money and of good quality

c0d.jpg

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
It is us, the consumer, that desire these goods.

The $13 Ryco oil filter I just purchased is manufactured in China

Meh, since Australia really doesn't manufacture much anymore, I don't care where my parts come from as long as they are value for money and of good quality

View attachment 217436
Definitely nothing wrong with those Ryco filters mate what you reckon about their more expensive version? Never tried one myself but wandered about it

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Definitely nothing wrong with those Ryco filters mate what you reckon about their more expensive version? Never tried one myself but wandered about it

I've never used a Z160ST variant, but they rate them for 15k km, as I change my oil evey 5k km I just use the normal Z160, they seem to work fine

The Z160ST was $30 today at SCA

On a side note, I have a really strong magnet that I stick on the side of my oil filters, both the cars and the bike, to capture any small metal particles that would pass through the filter media

Old habits die hard