Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre blew after 7000km

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
It is us, the consumer, that desire these goods.

The $13 Ryco oil filter I just purchased is manufactured in China

Meh, since Australia really doesn't manufacture much anymore, I don't care where my parts come from as long as they are value for money and of good quality

View attachment 217436
Well I prefer to buy at a higher price but must be made in Australia.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've never used a Z160ST variant, but they rate them for 15k km, as I change my oil evey 5k km I just use the normal Z160, they seem to work fine
The Ryco ST brand have a higher flow RATE. I use the Ryco ST for my V6 and the V8's. There is video to prove that the ST series of filters are better to use on any car compared to the normal Ryco filter. The ST variant is not available to all Engines.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Well I prefer to buy at a higher price but must be made in Australia.

When it comes to tyres, we no longer have that luxury...The workers and the unions involved in that industry priced themselves out of a job

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
The Ryco ST brand have a higher flow RATE. I use the Ryco ST for my V6 and the V8's. There is video to prove that the ST series of filters are better to use on any car compared to the normal Ryco filter. The ST variant is not available to all Engines.
And where are the Ryco ST filters made?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
And where are the Ryco ST filters made?
Possible china but it should be made here in Australia. Covid and the arrogance of china has bough the World at Attention and possibly one outcome is we rely to much on a arrogant communist country. If it was not for Covid and if happened 10 years from now china would have a stronger hold on the free world.
What I don't like is Australian company and the way they have become greedy, their not happy of making 1.5 m profit a year but if we get rid of our workforce and get it made in china we will make 10s of millions profit. PFFFFFFF.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
When it comes to tyres, we no longer have that luxury...The workers and the unions involved in that industry priced themselves out of a job
unfortunately this has happened, so may I ask you do you want a 80% pay cut to compete with china. I bet not. Some Chinese people work for 7 days just to live and that's it.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
unfortunately this has happened, so may I ask you do you want a 80% pay cut to compete with china. I bet not. Some Chinese people work for 7 days just to live and that's it.

I can tell you the situation with Bridgestone workers...A person that spend a few years studying to become an engineer is employed by the company to build and maintain the machinery earning $30 p/hr....Mr I have a forklift licence hears Mr engineer is on $30 p/hr and decides to have a palley walley with his mate, the union rep whinging that he is only on $24 p/hr.....So they get their mates together and go on strike, over pay equality....Bridgestone gives in and grants everyone that $30 p/hr, regardless of what qualifications or job they have.

And this is why Bridgestone decided stuff you lot, we are pulling out of manufacturing in this country, because it is too expensive and dealing with a bunch of whinging mongrels that want equality in pay, regardless of the sacrifices made to deserve the higher pay rate

By the way, those pay rates were effective as of 15 years ago, when Bridgestone finally decided to say **** you lot...We're goneskey....Just imagine what the rates would have been these days, if they were still here

I also believe Goodyear went down the same path as Bridgestone....The only exception was, Goodyear pulled out of manufacturing 12 months or maybe 2 years earlier than Bridgestone

Last edited:

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
What bs, noone, not even unions agree to same pay rates regardless of qualifications. They would have pulled out because the cost of importing materials, plus equipment, training, infrastructure etc etc made it non feasible

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
What bs, noone, not even unions agree to same pay rates regardless of qualifications. They would have pulled out because the cost of importing materials, plus equipment, training, infrastructure etc etc made it non feasible

Infrastructure was here.....Equipment was here...Training was done in house......Maybe the materials, but the other stuff....Nah....The Bridgestone manufacturing building is still standing to this day and houses the storage facility for imported Bridgestone tyres and cola cola products....

Did you work for Bridgestone manufacturing plant? Did you know people that worked for Bridgestone manufacturing plant?

Me had the unfortunate experience of working with an ex-employee of the manufacturing plant and that twit was a fitter, wanting the same pay rate as an aligner..He tried the argument that Bridgestone worked that way, so my boss should work the same way.....

I won't get into his union ways.....That was just waay over the top

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I can tell you the situation with Bridgestone workers...A person that spend a few years studying to become an engineer is employed by the company to build and maintain the machinery earning $30 p/hr....Mr I have a forklift licence hears Mr engineer is on $30 p/hr and decides to have a palley walley with his mate, the union rep whinging that he is only on $24 p/hr.....So they get their mates together and go on strike, over pay equality....Bridgestone gives in and grants everyone that $30 p/hr, regardless of what qualifications or job they have.

And this is why Bridgestone decided stuff you lot, we are pulling out of manufacturing in this country, because it is too expensive and dealing with a bunch of whinging mongrels that want equality in pay, regardless of the sacrifices made to deserve the higher pay rate

By the way, those pay rates were effective as of 15 years ago, when Bridgestone finally decided to say **** you lot...We're goneskey....Just imagine what the rates would have been these days, if they were still here

I also believe Goodyear went down the same path as Bridgestone....The only exception was, Goodyear pulled out of manufacturing 12 months or maybe 2 years earlier than Bridgestone
Dont agree with that because when I come from 15 years ago till today a Electrical Engineer is paid twice as much from a basic Electrician and a Special Class Electrician with Electronic qualification is paid more than a basic Electrician and I can't see union telling you that a basic worker get paid the same as a engineer. What a Croc, better stil if a Company works like this its time to get employed by another company