Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre blew after 7000km

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Dont agree with that because when I come from 15 years ago till today a Electrical Engineer is paid twice as much from a basic Electrician and a Special Class Electrician with Electronic qualification is paid more than a basic Electrician and I can't see union telling you that a basic worker get paid the same as a engineer. What a Croc, better stil if a Company works like this its time to get employed by another company

I agree that one employee that gets qualifications should be paid more than an employee that doesn't....But the power of the unions and employees within that industry saw fit that it wasn't fair so everyone was treated equally...and hence we no longer have a tyre manufacturer within this country.

I don't know whether anyone ever remembers them going on strike....Yes it was about 20 + years ago...And they went out a few times....Those strikes were over pay....what I have written is the pay dispute reasonings

Last edited:

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
I agree that one employee that gets qualifications should be paid more than an employee that doesn't....But the power of the unions and employees within that industry saw fit that it wasn't fair so everyone was treated equally...and hence we no longer have a tyre manufacturer within this country.

I don't know whether anyone ever remembers them going on strike....Yes it was about 20 + years ago...And they went out a few times....Those strikes were over pay....what I have written is the pay dispute reasonings
I still call bs on this. The engineers union would never let that stand. Let alone other groups.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I still call bs on this. The engineers union would never let that stand. Let alone other groups.

Wasn't the engineers union......Can't remember the name of the union, mainly due to I hear the word union, I switch off....

Unions have representatives which work in the company and it's those representatives who go to the top of the union with what they see and want from the company...From there, there are negioations on what is a fair deal...The unions start high, the company starts low and they try and meet in the middle.....When they can't meet in the middle, strikes are called.....These days, going on strike is harder than back then...Back then, you could walk off the job there and then...Now you can't....

So you're calling b/s using the union doesn't hold weight, because the unions stand for the workers, not the company....

Do you remember anything about the strikes they used to have 20+ years ago and what they were about?

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
But at the same time in Sydney i remember because I use to work for them for 10 months only that a Standard maintenance Electrician and Special Class Electrician with more qualification+ certified to do HIGH VOLTAGE Switching and a mechanical fitter was paid the same. For me that was not on and I left. Now this was around 20 years ago

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Yes they would not have a bar of this.