Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre life

blacknight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Not even 12 months into the new year and my tyres are beginning to show the "please replace" band on every piece. Whats the normal tread life for the tyres on a holden? this might sound retarded but i guess it depends on the brand, driving conditions, car conditions etc but i'm trying to figure out how much mileage i can possibly get from using bridgestones over michelins over pirellis over goodyears etc?

I'm currently using federals, its ultra silent and good grip in the wet but unfortunately its life it too short.

any comments?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
how many k's did you do in 12 months?

Feds dont have deep tread in the first place - I have 2 on the rear of my VN and they look like they are half worn from new :)

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Like you said yourself, totally depends on the tyre model (mainly the rubber compound) and your driving style. Other factors like your suspension geometry will have an impact too.

Generally, higher performance tyres will wear faster. That's just a fact of life, as they use a softer rubber compound to give it more grip, which wears quicker.

I find Tire Rack quite good. If you read customer reviews of the tyre you're considering you'll often get a good idea of how much people get out of them.

nick3110

2.5" Catback
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S2
on this note, does anyone know if the BobJane Xenon Z7's are any good, because i'm getting some new rubber and wheels, seeing as its actually raining in South Australia, so its good to have some traction.. I'm thinking of getting the Z7's because they are Australian made, doing my bit to stimulate lol :p..